Steve M

Default Help identifying tree

This is the only tree so far this season to start to turn. I'm
wondering what it is. It does not bear fruit and is the only one on
the property. Can someone help with id? I live in Eastern Oklahoma
along I40.

http://home.ipa.net/~stephen.moore/tree/index.html

FriscoSoxFan

looks like an ash of some kind, but I'm no expert. I'm in Dallas and
have a similar looking tree that is an ash, but the leaves on mine are
a little longer and thinner.

Phil at small (vs at large)

Looks like an understory tree gone wild. I live 50 miles North of
Dallas & have some similar, though not so large in my fence line . Try
www.dirtdoctor.com or
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/o...ndexcommon.htm

send Howard Garrett (dirtdoctor) the photos or the link & he most
likely will get back to you
Phil

Doug Miller

In article . net, "george" wrote:
The tree resembles the sourwood that we have in central N.C.

Somewhat, yes, but Eastern Oklahoma is a *long* way out of the sourwood's
native range...

news

--
Regards,

Leo Van Der Loo

Looks like Buckthorn to me.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Steve M wrote:

This is the only tree so far this season to start to turn. I'm
wondering what it is. It does not bear fruit and is the only one on
the property. Can someone help with id? I live in Eastern Oklahoma
along I40.

http://home.ipa.net/~stephen.moore/tree/index.html

Christmas tree won't drink water Finite Guy Home Repair 43 December 21st 19 11:06 PM
How Lee Valley & Tegs Tools Saved Christmas B Man Woodworking 0 January 21st 05 02:20 AM
repairing a tree with hole in it Danny Home Repair 8 October 10th 04 02:01 PM
unfortunate Lazarus Long Woodworking 32 April 20th 04 02:44 PM
Tree identification. Al Kyder Woodturning 2 September 17th 03 05:13 PM