Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tattooed and Dusty

Default Smooth Plane

Hi All,
I am sure this will be a somewhat futile post, but here goes. After
fooling around with many a couple well used hand planes, and a couple
new japanese style planes, I think I am ready to purchase a "brand new"
No 4 smooth plane. I am trying to decide between a Veritas and the
Lie-Nielson. I have a couple Veritas planes, and have been very happy
with them, and a rabbet block plane from LN, which is frankly just
alright. I really don't want to spend a bunch of money on the Veritas
and end up wishing I had coughed up the little more for the LN. At the
same time if there is no difference that's four K-body clamps from
leevalley this month...

I have to say I really wish there was a Lee Valley store in Portland,
as I like to touch expensive things before buying them, and as I played
with the LN seems only fair. Alright Any thoughs?

Thanks so much in advance, and I look forward to hearing what you guys
think

Andrew