Creekbuster

Default moisture meter.

I looking for a good moisture meter for wood and have decided on pinless model
but that's only half the problem from what's available. Some have charts for
different wood built in. Whats important. Budget is $150-200

Steve knight

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 09:38:27 -0400, Creekbuster
wrote:

I looking for a good moisture meter for wood and have decided on pinless model
but that's only half the problem from what's available. Some have charts for
different wood built in. Whats important. Budget is $150-200

myself I have test blocks of the woods I use and just have the test
blocks in my shop. I just compare them to the new wood. most woods
that are not super dense or oily read around 10 on my wager meter.
doing it this way saves the hassle of looking up the woods and
converting the info.
Knight-Toolworks
http://www.knight-toolworks.com
affordable handmade wooden planes