Frank & Renee

Default moisture meter

Greetings!

I have been looking for an inexpensive moisture meter...some of the name
brand ones are out of my price range right now. I saw some aftermarket
meters on ebay.......has anyone tried one of these? Or could anyone
recommend a source? I keep thinking of the phrase "you get what you pay
for"...

Thanks,

Frank

Grizzly has a circular with a $9 (aprox. pin meter). I'm sure its not
the most accurate, but it is cheap.

Al

Lowell Holmes

Lowell Holmes
"Frank & Renee" wrote in message
newsu8Me.68$wb.39@trndny05...
Greetings!

I have been looking for an inexpensive moisture meter...some of the name
snip I keep thinking of the phrase "you get what
you pay
for"...

Thanks,

Frank

Which is why I gritted my teeth and bought a Wagner.

Andy Dingley

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:16:03 GMT, "Frank & Renee"
wrote:

I have been looking for an inexpensive moisture meter

$5 air hygrometer and a copy of the EMC/RH graph pinned to the wall
behind it. This is as much as a joiner needs. If you can wait a month
for the timber to equilibriate, it's pretty accurate.

If you're trying to be a timberyard, then you're looking at $200 to get
anything usefully better.