Nate Perkins

Default She's got legs

Decent curves and fine legs:

http://home.earthlink.net/
~nateperkins1/Woodworking/projects/buffet/ogee_feet.jpg

or the same link made tiny: http://tinyurl.com/9aqhg

Ok, ok ... so most of my woodworking projects have been pretty linear, with
a few coves or radius curves. These ogee feet are my first successful
attempt at shaping wood, and I'm pretty hooked. This one was made using
the bandsaw method described in Bird's book "Period Furniture Details."
George

"Nate Perkins" wrote in message
. 125.201...
Decent curves and fine legs:

or the same link made tiny: http://tinyurl.com/9aqhg

Ok, ok ... so most of my woodworking projects have been pretty linear,
with
a few coves or radius curves. These ogee feet are my first successful
attempt at shaping wood, and I'm pretty hooked. This one was made using
the bandsaw method described in Bird's book "Period Furniture Details."

Virtuosity. We all have to get it out of our systems. With me it was claw
and ball from Marlow's book. Two sets and no plans for more.

Next set is the one where you make the blind dovetails?

Don't forget the glue blocks.

Stephen M

That's funny. Only because I distingly remember singing that to myself when
I was in the home stretch of a my first not-so-rectitinear piece.

Not being an exclusively leg-man, "I wanna see more!" (he said getting a
woodie)

-steve

"Nate Perkins" wrote in message
. 125.201...
Decent curves and fine legs:

http://home.earthlink.net/
~nateperkins1/Woodworking/projects/buffet/ogee_feet.jpg

or the same link made tiny: http://tinyurl.com/9aqhg

Ok, ok ... so most of my woodworking projects have been pretty linear,

with
a few coves or radius curves. These ogee feet are my first successful
attempt at shaping wood, and I'm pretty hooked. This one was made using
the bandsaw method described in Bird's book "Period Furniture Details."

Loose chair legs Joe Barta Woodworking 13 September 26th 19 07:44 PM
Small Step Stool With Folding Legs Butler Hinges? Alan Smithee Woodworking 1 August 31st 05 09:45 PM
How to attach metal legs to wooden desk Lee Woodworking 3 July 25th 05 04:32 PM
Jotul Legs Paul Moloney UK diy 0 March 28th 04 12:55 PM
If glue is stronger than the wood, do you need to use screws when attaching legs to a table? YJJim Woodworking 3 December 18th 03 03:29 PM