TSW

Default Carter/Canwood Tension Lever

Has anyone had the spring on their tension lever pull it's rivots out?
I went cheap with a Canwood copy of the Carter tension lever. They do
appear identical, including the way this little leaf spring is fastened
to the lever. I'm just trying to decide whether to buy the Carter or
try having the spring welded to the arm. Thanks.

CW

I haven't seen this device so I don't know the construction but if you weld
(or braze) directly to the spring it will draw the temper and it will no
longer be a spring, just a piece of metal.
"TSW" wrote in message
ups.com...
Has anyone had the spring on their tension lever pull it's rivots out?
I went cheap with a Canwood copy of the Carter tension lever. They do
appear identical, including the way this little leaf spring is fastened
to the lever. I'm just trying to decide whether to buy the Carter or
try having the spring welded to the arm. Thanks.

Broken Patio door Lever [email protected] UK diy 3 September 18th 05 03:17 PM
Need help with Centauro CO500 bandsaw tension gauge Rob Woodworking 0 July 17th 05 07:15 PM
Lever in the Way Dr. Deb Woodturning 13 February 24th 05 09:39 PM
Bent iron and lever cap that won't clamp, any hope? Leuf Woodworking 10 October 26th 04 07:05 AM
? calculate yeild w/ compression and tension at 90 degrees? Clark Magnuson Metalworking 4 September 14th 03 03:37 AM