Fred

Default Black mark for moving woodworking equipment with appliance hand truck

The above hand truck, from Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Lowe's or from anyone
else: why doesn't the bottom belt rotate like it suppose to do on any one of
them? Dragging my shop equipment (or appliance, or furniture) to the second
floor leaves black marks from the belts on my staircase. Loosen the belt
tension doesn't help either. Anyone solve this problem?

Battleax

"Fred" wrote in message

The above hand truck, from Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Lowe's or from

anyone
else: why doesn't the bottom belt rotate like it suppose to do on any one

of
them? Dragging my shop equipment (or appliance, or furniture) to the

second
floor leaves black marks from the belts on my staircase. Loosen the belt
tension doesn't help either. Anyone solve this problem?

The belts are designed to make it possible to lift over stair nosings, they
are not designed to leave the nosings pristine.

AL

I agree that they won't leave the stairs perfect, but aren't the belts
supposed to rotate? The rental ones at U-Haul do. Maybe a worn out one
rotates easily while a brand new one doesn't.

"Battleax" wrote in message

"Fred" wrote in message

The above hand truck, from Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Lowe's or from

anyone
else: why doesn't the bottom belt rotate like it suppose to do on any one

of
them? Dragging my shop equipment (or appliance, or furniture) to the

second
floor leaves black marks from the belts on my staircase. Loosen the belt
tension doesn't help either. Anyone solve this problem?

The belts are designed to make it possible to lift over stair nosings,
they
are not designed to leave the nosings pristine.

Battleax

"AL" wrote in message
I agree that they won't leave the stairs perfect, but aren't the belts
supposed to rotate? The rental ones at U-Haul do. Maybe a worn out one
rotates easily while a brand new one doesn't.

Yes, they should certainly rotate. Guess I didn't read the original post
correctly.

"Battleax" wrote in message

"Fred" wrote in message

The above hand truck, from Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Lowe's or from

anyone
else: why doesn't the bottom belt rotate like it suppose to do on any

one
of
them? Dragging my shop equipment (or appliance, or furniture) to the

second
floor leaves black marks from the belts on my staircase. Loosen the

belt
tension doesn't help either. Anyone solve this problem?

The belts are designed to make it possible to lift over stair nosings,
they
are not designed to leave the nosings pristine.

no(SPAM)vasys

AL wrote:

I agree that they won't leave the stairs perfect, but aren't the belts
supposed to rotate? The rental ones at U-Haul do. Maybe a worn out one
rotates easily while a brand new one doesn't.

The rental carts at U-Haul didn't cost $114 each either.
Example:

http://www.americanmovingsupplies.co...5ce37292f69ee5

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)

Battleax

"no(SPAM)vasys" wrote in message
AL wrote:

I agree that they won't leave the stairs perfect, but aren't the belts
supposed to rotate? The rental ones at U-Haul do. Maybe a worn out one
rotates easily while a brand new one doesn't.

The rental carts at U-Haul didn't cost $114 each either.
Example:

http://www.americanmovingsupplies.co...5ce37292f69ee5

snip

I didn't look at the link in the original message. Yes, the HarbourFreight
item is a toy

Dhakala

Fred wrote:

The above hand truck, from Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Lowe's or from anyone
else: why doesn't the bottom belt rotate like it suppose to do on any one of
them? Dragging my shop equipment (or appliance, or furniture) to the second
floor leaves black marks from the belts on my staircase. Loosen the belt
tension doesn't help either. Anyone solve this problem?

Perhaps the rollers need oiling?

No-One

Every hand truck that I have used with that type of belt has been very
stiff. The way it was explained to me was that it was to control the
decent down to the next stair....

Fred wrote:

The above hand truck, from Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Lowe's or from anyone
else: why doesn't the bottom belt rotate like it suppose to do on any one of
them? Dragging my shop equipment (or appliance, or furniture) to the second
floor leaves black marks from the belts on my staircase. Loosen the belt
tension doesn't help either. Anyone solve this problem?

Fred

Pricey but it should work and cheaper than spending the time cleaning up the
black marks.

Couple of people comment the problem is due to the cheap Harbor Freight hand
truck but that's not the case. The belts on hand trucks don't rotate on
*any* of the different hand trucks I found in *all* the local big box stores
like Home Depot, Lowe's, Office Depot and all the local big office supply
houses ... you name it. Got to be an easy fix, I'm going to cut some notches
on the belt to make it more flexible when I have some free time.

"Fred" wrote in message

The above hand truck, from Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Lowe's or from
anyone else: why doesn't the bottom belt rotate like it suppose to do on
any one of them? Dragging my shop equipment (or appliance, or furniture)
to the second floor leaves black marks from the belts on my staircase.
Loosen the belt tension doesn't help either. Anyone solve this problem?

Choosing a HOT WATER RECIRCULATOR for QUICK HOT WATER DELIVERY or for HOT WATER ON D'MAND is now a whole lot easier. [email protected] Home Repair 22 June 7th 06 01:09 AM
Home Depot not for Do-It-Yourself'ers? Joseph Home Repair 32 March 24th 04 07:50 PM
Membership requirements? Puff Griffis Woodworking 19 February 16th 04 07:46 AM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Is there a FAQ? Neil Woods Woodworking 4 August 21st 03 05:46 PM