RogerN

Default Smoothing, trueing countertop edge?

I'm working on a countertop to replace the original that was water damaged.
The countertop is sort of "D" shaped with the straight side over the
cabinets and the curved side like a bar. I traced the original and jig
sawed it out, now I want to true up and smooth the edge.

Should I use a belt sander or planer?

Are there edge sanding guides for belt sanders?

Thanks!

Fred

RogerN wrote:
I'm working on a countertop to replace the original that was water damaged.
The countertop is sort of "D" shaped with the straight side over the
cabinets and the curved side like a bar. I traced the original and jig
sawed it out, now I want to true up and smooth the edge.

Should I use a belt sander or planer?

Are there edge sanding guides for belt sanders?

Thanks!

How about a router and a template following bit with bearing or even
just a guide bushing?

Fred
B Moody

I agree with Fred. Use a router with edge guide. First cut a template to
the shape you want, then bung the guide up against it and have at it.

Sharpening buckaroo Woodturning 21 December 6th 03 06:55 PM
gutter drip edge problems wgadsby Home Repair 1 October 24th 03 10:26 AM
Granite Edge Moldings for Tiled Countertop - sources? Jonathan McInnis Home Ownership 0 September 29th 03 07:53 PM