Default Powermatic oscillating spindle sander

I recently acquired a model 14 Powermatic Spindle Sander at an auction.
While perusing a Oct 1994 Fine Woodworking issue last evening I came
across an issue testing oscillating spindle sanders - the model 14 I
have included. Mine does not oscillate - wherein lies the question.
Might we have any early Powermatic model 14 owners out there who know
if a non-oscillating model was made or should mine be doing the ole up
down too? It is an early model 14 as the cast iron top is not milled
smooth like I hear the later ones were. Found no manual on the
Powermatic site for this old fellow of mine (I know that Shop Fox or
whoever it was they bought now makes a model with the same oddly shaped
cabinet). If it should be oscillating, any suggestions on might be
amiss? The sander works fine and runs quietly. Thanks for any input.

I don't have that machine, but I bet somebody over at www.owwm.com
does. as nice a bunch of tool dorks as you could want to meet, and
knowledgeable to boot.

oh, and say hi to keeter.