TomL

Default Misleading Amazon tactics

Placed an order on Monday past with Amazon. Item was described as 1 to
2 weeks shipping. After placing order I look at the online invoice and
see the delivery date is Oct 17 - 31. Call Amazon Cust Service and am
told I must have placed the order as the shiiping change was being put
in place. Sorry, the item will not be delivered until the specified
time. Man, I hate when that **** happens.

Andy

I've had various experiences with Amazon continually pushing back their
"expected delivery date", but I've also had no problems cancelling
orders that have not shipped yet. You might try that if you need the
item sooner and can get it locally. Now, I generally don't order from
Amazon unless they say the item "usually ships within 24 hours".
Good luck,
Andy

Fred

"TomL" wrote in message
Placed an order on Monday past with Amazon. Item was described as 1 to
2 weeks shipping. After placing order I look at the online invoice and
see the delivery date is Oct 17 - 31. Call Amazon Cust Service and am
told I must have placed the order as the shiiping change was being put
in place. Sorry, the item will not be delivered until the specified
time. Man, I hate when that **** happens.

The problem with my last order for various things and a SCMS was the
shipment cost (thought it was free like usual) did not show. The shipment
cost for the SCMS did show afterwards on my email not while I was ordering
it. The shipment date did slipped for the SCMS but one other order did
arrived early.

Misleading Amazon price cuts on tools blueman Woodworking 44 September 22nd 05 05:41 PM
Amazon pricing tactics TomL Woodworking 7 September 5th 05 03:13 AM
Plug for Amazon TWS Woodworking 7 January 2nd 05 03:49 AM
Amazon is smokin'... loutent Woodworking 2 December 15th 04 02:50 AM
Amazon Regrets? noOne Woodworking 7 November 25th 04 06:31 PM