J T

Default 6 FOOT HOME BAR

http://www.bobsplans.com/FreePlans/6...eeBarPlans.htm

They claim it's free plans. But, then they offer plans for sale.
Not sure just what they're doing.

My personal feelsings on a home bar, they're a total waste of
space, unless you have a whole load of space to waste, or you drink a
whole lot. If you do have a party, plenty easy to set up some sort of
temporary bar, maybe a folding table.

JOAT
I don't believe in reincarnation. I used to, but that was in another
life.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

J T wrote:
http://www.bobsplans.com/FreePlans/6...eeBarPlans.htm

They claim it's free plans. But, then they offer plans for sale.
Not sure just what they're doing.

It's a rip off. They advertise free plans, offer free assembly instructions,
but want to charge you for the actual plans.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Mike O.

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:35:55 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

http://www.bobsplans.com/FreePlans/6...eeBarPlans.htm

They claim it's free plans. But, then they offer plans for sale.
Not sure just what they're doing.

I went to the above link and scrolled down just a little to the
"Download Now" link and Adobe opened up and the plans popped up.
While I have no desire to build the bar, the plans were as
advertised...free. I guess it's a teaser to get you to buy other
plans.

Mike O.
Mike O.

wrote:

http://www.bobsplans.com/FreePlans/6...eeBarPlans.htm

They claim it's free plans. But, then they offer plans for sale.
Not sure just what they're doing.

Ooops...

I guess what I got was assembly instructions and cut-out suggestions
but no real measurements. Not quite as advertised....

Mike O.
Hedley

I agree in principle to your view, but then I really do want a kegerator one
of these days. I figure on a side-board type "bar" that just goes against
the wall with the keg tap, a small sink, and room for botttles, glasses,
wine rack, etc.

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.bobsplans.com/FreePlans/6...eeBarPlans.htm

They claim it's free plans. But, then they offer plans for sale.
Not sure just what they're doing.

My personal feelsings on a home bar, they're a total waste of
space, unless you have a whole load of space to waste, or you drink a
whole lot. If you do have a party, plenty easy to set up some sort of
temporary bar, maybe a folding table.

JOAT
I don't believe in reincarnation. I used to, but that was in another
life.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Mike O. wrote:
http://www.bobsplans.com/FreePlans/6...eeBarPlans.htm

They claim it's free plans. But, then they offer plans for sale.
Not sure just what they're doing.

Ooops...

I guess what I got was assembly instructions and cut-out suggestions
but no real measurements. Not quite as advertised....

Told ya....

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Hedley

The SR would never allow a milk jug of water as a sink in the basement,
which probably won't be finished for years (but I can dream, right?). She
wants "class" in my beer swilling establishment. Oh, my dreams are numerous
for this ficticious basement palace... 20' shuffleboard table, 6 person
poker table, pool table, wet bar with beer on tap, 8' projection TV with
surround, a bathroom with a bona-fide URINAL... I get excited just thinking
about it.

But first, the house needs to finish being built (not under my control),
then I have about a thousand to-do's, and god knows what else to do/pay for
first.

---Hedley
Remember to Binge in Moderation

"J T" wrote in message
Wed, Sep 14, 2005, 9:11pm (EDT-1) (Hedley)
enlightens us with:
I agree in principle to your view, but then I really do want a kegerator
one of these days. I figure on a side-board type "bar" that just goes
against the wall with the keg tap, a small sink, and room for botttles,
glasses, wine rack, etc.

Ah, beer. That's entirely different, that's part of the food
pyramid I believe.

There's instructions on the net for putting a keg in a fridge, with
an outside tep. Pick up a used one, or buy a new one, and convert your
old one. Should be enough room for some cans or bottles inside too.

Sink? Milk jug of water. You are in your garage, aren't you.
And, as far as wine and glasses, get some wine in a box. Or, just get
your ripple by the case. Drive a nail or two in the wall, out far
enough so you can stick a stack of plastic cups on, nothing you can't
toss, or will break. No prob.

JOAT
If it ain't broke - fix it 'til it is.
- Unknown

Odinn

On 9/14/2005 9:35 PM Mike O. mumbled something about the following:
wrote:

http://www.bobsplans.com/FreePlans/6...eeBarPlans.htm

They claim it's free plans. But, then they offer plans for sale.
Not sure just what they're doing.

I went to the above link and scrolled down just a little to the
"Download Now" link and Adobe opened up and the plans popped up.
While I have no desire to build the bar, the plans were as
advertised...free. I guess it's a teaser to get you to buy other
plans.

You must not have looked at the so called plans, as they are assembly
instructions, sorta. The parts drawings and dimensions are $12.95

--
Odinn
RCOS #7

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshipped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net