Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
blueman

Default Right vs. Left bladed circular saws?

In advance of purchasing a new circular saw, I have been googling to
understand the pros/cons of blade left vs. right saws.

Can someone confirm that this is the right summary understanding:

For RIGHTIES:
Blade right: easier to hold & balance, potentially safer since
dust and chips don't blow back in your face

Blade left: allows you to see the cut line easier since it is in
your line of sight

For LEFTIES:
Blade right: allows you to see the cut line easier since it is in
your line of sight

Blade left: easier to hold & balance, potentially safer since
dust and chips don't blow back in your face

The takeaway for me is that as a lefty who usually holds the circ saw
in the left hand and to-date has only used blade right saws, I would
probably be best off continuing with a blade-right saw. Particularly,
since like many lefties, I am partially ambidextrous and can hold the
saw in my right hand if need be.

Does that make sense?

Unisaw question Robert Salz Woodworking 9 September 11th 04 06:31 AM
Battery circular saws PoP UK diy 23 February 19th 04 10:03 PM
Left vs Right Tilting Cabinet Saws Errol Caldwell Woodworking 8 September 14th 03 05:30 PM
18v circular saws - any good? Tenex UK diy 11 September 2nd 03 09:43 AM
Rules for tools - current position - Circular saws, and still wondeing which one [email protected] UK diy 1 July 3rd 03 07:59 PM