Default Hitachi C12LCH blades?

I just bought a Hitach C12LCH compund miter saw. I love it so far, but
the blade that comes with it splinters the wood ever so slightly along
the back side of the cut. No problem on the projects I've completed so
far (some shelving for my garage, and one for the kitchen), but I'm
going to be doing some flooring and crown molding soon. Can anyone
recommend a good 12" blade that won't splinter the wood and would be
appropriate for that type of work? Thanks in advance.

Robert

tom

Maybe try a backer board? That may get a little complicated with the
crown moulding, but it's the backside, no? I like my high-end DeWalt
CMS blade, when it's sharp. Tom

Tom,
Thanks for the reply, but I have a dumb question. What's a backer
board?

Robert

tom

Kind of like a zero clearance insert. Just a flat piece of scrap
affixed to the fence. It could even be in an "L" configuration so you
could clamp it to the table, providing support for the bottom of the
cut also. Try not to cut all the way through it, and it should last a
while. Tom