Connor Aston

Default 12" Chop saw blade - BEST TYPE

I have a 12" sliding chop saw and would like to buy a new blade for
cross cutting oak, maple, mostly hardwoods.
Mostly fine furniture 2" x 2" legs etc. Do you have suggestions of
blade type and number of teeth, Triple chip etc that give the best
splinter free cut on hardwoods?

Connor

Knothead

I use a Forrest Chopmaster with 80 tooth, smooth as glass cuts every time

Slowhand

"Knothead" wrote in message
news:1124973248.ff7be6cacae29edd42665641c417287d@t eranews...
I use a Forrest Chopmaster with 80 tooth, smooth as glass cuts every time

Ditto
SH

I'm very happy with my Infinity Tools Miter Max
12" 90 tooth blade. I don't see much room for
improvement in the smoothness of the cuts. With
a 5 degree negative hook it's ideal for a sliding CMS
and it's on sale from time to time. Infinity is about
the only company I buy any of my blades or bits
from anymore because of the great prices and, in
my opinion, unbeatable quality.

Bruce

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim

I currently have a Hitachi 90 tooth blade and have been very happy with the
quality of the cuts. Based on my experience with my Forest table saw
blade, the Hitachi probably isn't quite as good but it is only ~$50 at
Lowes so I think it was a pretty good deal.

"Connor Aston" wrote in news:1124967854.268578.18560
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: