skipsizemore

Default Need help rewiring a DeWalt 7790 radial arm saw

Hello!

I was lucky enough to get a DeWalt 7790 12" RAS from a pawnshop for
$125. It was in great condition and runs well; I think I only got the
price I did because it took up so much space in the shop. I love it,
but I'd like to rewire it for 220 volts. There's a very helpful
diagram on the case that shows how to do this, and it's only a matter
of switching a couple of wires from one wire nut to the other.

There are two problems, though: one, I am badly colorblind. Two, the
insulation is so faded that I'm not sure anyone could reliably tell me
which wires were which based on the color. I really don't want to blow
it up.

If someone out there has a manual or wiring diagram, they might be able
to tell me how to tell which wires were which, based on their origins
and (perhaps) the current that should be flowing through them when I've
got it wired for 110. I'm good with a multitester.

Anyone have any guidance? I'd appreciate it.

Clay

Try Here.

http://www.wolfemachinery.com/12dewaltw.htm

"skipsizemore" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

DeWalt 7790 Radial Arm Saw Ray White Woodworking 7 March 10th 05 02:13 AM
DeWalt Radial Arm Saw Malcolm Webb Woodworking 5 December 24th 04 02:14 PM
DeWalt radial saw motor wiring question Dean Metalworking 3 March 26th 04 02:59 AM
DeWalt 7790 RAS -linux_lad Woodworking 5 March 16th 04 04:54 AM
DeWalt Radial Arm Saw Parts Prices John Pinkham Woodworking 2 July 20th 03 12:33 AM