Al Kyder

Default Milwaukee angle drill close out at Home Depot.

Home depot has this dril marked down to $119.00. My store was out and
sold me the display for $90.00 and for $9.00 more I got replacement for
1 year with no questions asked.

God Bless,
Al Kyder

Leon

"Al Kyder" wrote in message
oups.com...
Home depot has this dril marked down to $119.00. My store was out and
sold me the display for $90.00 and for $9.00 more I got replacement for
1 year with no questions asked.

God Bless,
Al Kyder

Is that a good thing. IIRC Milwaukee has at least a 5 year warranty and you
paid $9 extra for 1 year? Plus, if it is a close out model how will they
replace it if they have none in stock?

Al Kyder

I let part of that out. It was missing the key. The manager sold me
this no questions replacement so I can call and say the switch went out
and they will send me a new one in the mail. I get to keep the old one
to. Two drills for A total of $98.00. Not totally honest but it was the
managers sugestion to get me a complete unit.

It will even us out for that crappy wedeater they would not stand
behind a couple of years ago.

God Bless,
Al Kyder

John Emmons

"Not totally honest..."

No kidding. You were made for Home Depot.

John Emmons

"Al Kyder" wrote in message
oups.com...
I let part of that out. It was missing the key. The manager sold me
this no questions replacement so I can call and say the switch went out
and they will send me a new one in the mail. I get to keep the old one
to. Two drills for A total of $98.00. Not totally honest but it was the
managers sugestion to get me a complete unit.

It will even us out for that crappy wedeater they would not stand
behind a couple of years ago.

God Bless,
Al Kyder

robo hippy

Thanks,
The local store had only the display modes left, and I got it for 10%
off, about $107. I don't really need another one, but I couldn't
refuse.
robo hippy

Al Kyder

You are welcome Mr. Hippy. I'm sorry they didn't discount it as steeply
as they did mine. You're in Oregon right? Do they have sales tax there?

God Bless,
Al Kyder

robo hippy

Al,
No sales tax, and no self serve gas, no private beaches, and most
unfortunately, no fireflys.
robo hippy

Tool King has been selling these for $70 for a while, have seen the ad
for the last few weeks on their email flyer.

Ted

I have used some of the more expensive drills for sanding and they
never seem to last very long. Lately I have been using the cheapest
brands I can find on the internet. There isn't much difference in how
long they last. But who cares anyway they are cheap enough I usually
buy at least two at a time. Here is an example of a 55 degree angle
drill made to the same specs as the Milwaukee:

THIS IS THE FACTORY COPY OF THE MILWAUKEE 0357-6 DRILL. EXCELLENT
QUALITY AND WORKMANSHIP, UL LISTED, AND EVEN BETTER SPECS THAN
MILWAUKEE, MAKES THIS A VERY DESIRABLE TOOL. THIS CLOSE QUARTER DRILL
WILL SAVE YOU TIME AND FRUSTRATION IN THOSE TIGHT SPACES AND MAKE
INSTALLATION OF UNDER DASH COMPONENTS( SUCH AS STEREOS ) A SNAP. THE
COMPACT BODY, TEXTURED GRIP, AND UNIQUE TRIGGER DESIGN ALLOW YOU TO
APPLY MAXIMUM PRESSURE WITH COMPLETE COMFORT.

Here is the web site:
http://www.jmtools.com/store.asp?Cat...D=Angle+Drills

These only costs $29.90 plus a little shipping. I had the bearings
burn up in one after about two years of use once and bought new
bearings for about seven bucks. I have two units just like these right
now. One I have been using for over a year and the other is brand new,
not even out of the box yet. Total cost for two is a little over $70.
I figure they will last me at least 4 or more years.

Just another alternative.
Ted

Barry N. Turner

I always intended to get a Milwaukee or Sioux close quarter drill for power
sanding bowls and other turnings. I have an older Panasonic 9.6 volt
cordless VSR drill, which I decided to try for this use. It works so well,
I have all but given up any ideas of getting a Milwaukee or Sioux drill. I
have had no problems with accessing the bottoms of any but the smallest of
bowls I have turned. The 0 - 1500 speed range is just about right.

Barry

oups.com...