Todd Fatheree

Default Quality tools on craigslist

I chuckle every time this stunade posts this. Better hurry...only $25 for
these "vintage" tools.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/tls/90183334.html

todd

Dhakala

Todd Fatheree wrote:
I chuckle every time this stunade posts this. Better hurry...only $25 for
these "vintage" tools.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/tls/90183334.html

todd

Is that a... OMIGOD, it IS!! I've been looking for onea those for
YEARS!

Thanks, Todd!

;-)

Todd Fatheree

A lot of it is. OTOH, I recently picked up some really nice cabinet grade
3/4" birch plywood for like 1/4 of the new price. You have to keep looking
for those diamonds in the rough.

todd

"Ignoramus23461" wrote in message
.. .
I saw it too. Most of the stuff on craigslist is overpriced junk.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:46:01 -0500, Todd Fatheree

wrote:
I chuckle every time this stunade posts this. Better hurry...only $25

for
these "vintage" tools.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/tls/90183334.html

todd

Unquestionably Confused

Ignoramus23461 wrote:
I saw it too. Most of the stuff on craigslist is overpriced junk.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 22:46:01 -0500, Todd Fatheree wrote:

I chuckle every time this stunade posts this. Better hurry...only $25 for
these "vintage" tools.

Welcome to real life. Shopping for tools (or anything else for that
matter) on Craigslist, eBay, garage/estate sales, or, for that matter,
this group is a fairy tale experience. "Sometimes you gotta kiss a
lotta frogs to get a prince!"

Hey! I got dibs on that round-handled ratchet screwdriver from Taiwan.
Let go, it's mine!

Larry Jaques

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:52:16 GMT, the opaque Unquestionably Confused
clearly wrote:

Welcome to real life. Shopping for tools (or anything else for that
matter) on Craigslist, eBay, garage/estate sales, or, for that matter,
this group is a fairy tale experience. "Sometimes you gotta kiss a
lotta frogs to get a prince!"

And sometimes folks list a prince only to deliver a frog.

Hey! I got dibs on that round-handled ratchet screwdriver from Taiwan.
Let go, it's mine!

I somehow ended up with one of those in the same bold and vivid
red/white coloration. (Gift from female family member, no doubt.)

How much is it worth to you, bubba? To find these priceless objects in
working order is quite rare!

-
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.
---
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

Dave in Fairfax

Larry Jaques wrote:
I somehow ended up with one of those in the same bold and vivid
red/white coloration. (Gift from female family member, no doubt.)

How much is it worth to you, bubba? To find these priceless objects in
working order is quite rare!

I belive I might have one of those new in box, er plastic. Let the
bidding begin.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net
Unquestionably Confused

on 8/11/2005 11:16 AM Larry Jaques said the following:

And sometimes folks list a prince only to deliver a frog.

Aye, that they do. Caveat emptor reigns supreme.

Hey! I got dibs on that round-handled ratchet screwdriver from Taiwan.
Let go, it's mine!

I somehow ended up with one of those in the same bold and vivid
red/white coloration. (Gift from female family member, no doubt.)

How much is it worth to you, bubba? To find these priceless objects in
working order is quite rare!

Well, seeing as how it's you, Larry. I'll be kind. Send me the
screwdriver and five bucks and I'll promise you'll never have to look at
it again. I'm easy but not THAT easyg

Vic Baron

"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message
I chuckle every time this stunade posts this. Better hurry...only $25 for
these "vintage" tools.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/tls/90183334.html

todd

Ah - "stunade" - an expression I haven't heard in years. Didn't know you
were Italian Todd G.

Sure does fit though!

Vic

Mark & Juanita

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:10:14 GMT, "Vic Baron" wrote:

"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message
I chuckle every time this stunade posts this. Better hurry...only $25 for
these "vintage" tools.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/tls/90183334.html

todd

Ah - "stunade" - an expression I haven't heard in years. Didn't know you
were Italian Todd G.

OK, I give, I googled it, looked at various slang dictionaries, and still
couldn't find anything. I get a drift of the connotation from the context,
but what exactly, does it mean?

Sure does fit though!

Vic

Todd Fatheree

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:10:14 GMT, "Vic Baron" wrote:

"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message
I chuckle every time this stunade posts this. Better hurry...only $25

for
these "vintage" tools.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/tls/90183334.html

todd

Ah - "stunade" - an expression I haven't heard in years. Didn't know you
were Italian Todd G.

OK, I give, I googled it, looked at various slang dictionaries, and

still
couldn't find anything. I get a drift of the connotation from the

context,
but what exactly, does it mean?

Funny. For some reason, the word came to mind, but I wasn't sure I was
using it right. I had very little success trying to find a definition.
IIRC, it's southern Italian for "dumbass" or thereabouts. There's just
something pleasing about the word...like it really fits its intended target.

todd

Dave in Fairfax

Todd Fatheree wrote:
Funny. For some reason, the word came to mind, but I wasn't sure I was
using it right. I had very little success trying to find a definition.
IIRC, it's southern Italian for "dumbass" or thereabouts. There's just
something pleasing about the word...like it really fits its intended target.

Stunade = Stupid. Stew-nod

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.patinatools.org
Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:19:55 GMT, Dave in Fairfax wrote:

Todd Fatheree wrote:
Funny. For some reason, the word came to mind, but I wasn't sure I was
using it right. I had very little success trying to find a definition.
IIRC, it's southern Italian for "dumbass" or thereabouts. There's just
something pleasing about the word...like it really fits its intended target.

Stunade = Stupid. Stew-nod

Dave in Fairfax

Thanks guys. Now I can sleep tonight. :-)