Steve DeMars

Default Resurface the rough concrete?

Any suggestions on how to resurface rough concrete that has been exposed for
7 years?

Would love to have a smooth finish on the shop floor.

Thanks,
Steve

bridger

either skim coat with a smooth sticky mud or grind back down.

Puckdropper

"bridger" wrote in news:1123305635.776995.302950
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

either skim coat with a smooth sticky mud or grind back down.

If you're grinding, take the time to cover things like doorways (if not
an isolated building) and take all your tools out! Concrete dust gets
EVERYWHERE. We had some drain work done in a concrete basement floor and
what was clean the day before was covered with dust the next day.

Puckdropper

--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.

Ron Truitt

I think Quickcrete has a product that will go on over the floor and
smooth it out. At least they have been advertising it.

RonT

Jon

They make surface leveler just for that purpose, check your local hardware
store or construction store.

Jon

"Steve DeMars" wrote in message
newsrXIe.4801$mu6.3729@okepread04...
Any suggestions on how to resurface rough concrete that has been exposed
for
7 years?

Would love to have a smooth finish on the shop floor.

Thanks,
Steve

Unquestionably Confused

Jon wrote:
They make surface leveler just for that purpose, check your local hardware
store or construction store.

Jon

"Steve DeMars" wrote in message
newsrXIe.4801$mu6.3729@okepread04...

Any suggestions on how to resurface rough concrete that has been exposed
for
7 years?

Would love to have a smooth finish on the shop floor.

Lay some sleepers and then tongue & groove ply. You'll love a wood
floor in the shop even more than smooth concrete.

Pat Barber

http://www.ardex.com/find.htm

Steve DeMars wrote:

Any suggestions on how to resurface rough concrete that has been exposed for
7 years?

Would love to have a smooth finish on the shop floor.

Thanks,
Steve

How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Repair 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Ownership 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
Laying Concrete Flooring John UK diy 5 September 24th 03 07:15 AM
Rough cost of re-doing a concrete drive David Hearn UK diy 9 September 17th 03 03:05 PM
Help with concrete! Alexander Galkin Home Repair 4 August 16th 03 04:40 AM