CharterNews

Default Hardwood supplier?

OK - Now for moving to northern Alabama, Part II ----

Does anyone in this fine group know of any hardwood suppliers in the
Huntsville area? I tried American Hardwoods, but they are a custom door and
window Mfr, and don't want to mess with selling rough hardwood any more.

Incidental;ly, for those of you in Northern Virginia (where I came from), an
exceptionally good hardwood supplier in Manassas is Northern Forest
Products.

Thanks again in advance.

Bob Gruber
Madison, AL

Bama Tim

Hi Bob. I live in Hartselle, which is just a few miles south of
Decatur. What kind of hardwood are you looking for? I picked up 1000
bf of quarter sawn oak two weekends ago in Tenn. He also has cherry,
red oak and quarter sawn red oak. Along with popular and cedar. If
your interested in the guys phone number or location just hollar at me.

Tim
War Eagle!!!!!!!!!

Dave

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 16:57:00 -0500, CharterNews wrote:

OK - Now for moving to northern Alabama, Part II ----

Does anyone in this fine group know of any hardwood suppliers in the
Huntsville area? I tried American Hardwoods, but they are a custom door
and window Mfr, and don't want to mess with selling rough hardwood any
more.

Bob,

Give the guys at the wood craft shop on Redstone Arsenal a call.

Last time I was home (Christmas), they set me up with a sawyer in Athens
on Nick Davis Rd. somewhere around the prison. Also a cutter off of 72 in
Scottsboro.

HTH

http://www.usenet.com
Jon

The supplier in Scottsboro is a retired teacher. Excellent wood choices,
prices better than most places. The arsenal gets their wood from him when I
was stationed at RASA/NASA about 10 years ago. Nice wood shop on base. I
miss being in that place.

Jon
news