Verizon

Default Tools for sale in Hudson, FL

My family is selling the woodworking tools used by my father during his long
career as a cabinetmaker. I am hoping that there might be some interest
among the subscribers to this group.

You can view a web page documenting the available power tools at
http://s90032576.onlinehome.us/dads_tools/index.html .

Swingman

"Verizon" wrote in message
My family is selling the woodworking tools used by my father during his

long
career as a cabinetmaker. I am hoping that there might be some interest
among the subscribers to this group.

You can view a web page documenting the available power tools at
http://s90032576.onlinehome.us/dads_tools/index.html .

You may have better luck if you advertise the "planer" as the "jointer" that
it is.

Nice collection of planes, though ... hope someone in the family knows
more/enough about tools to use and appreciate them.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/31/05

Verizon

Thanks Jim & Swingman for the corrections.

"Jim Bailey" wrote in message
. ..
Also the Router as a Shaper.

"Swingman" wrote in message
"Verizon" wrote in message
My family is selling the woodworking tools used by my father during his

long
career as a cabinetmaker. I am hoping that there might be some interest
among the subscribers to this group.

You can view a web page documenting the available power tools at
http://s90032576.onlinehome.us/dads_tools/index.html .

You may have better luck if you advertise the "planer" as the "jointer"

that
it is.

Nice collection of planes, though ... hope someone in the family knows
more/enough about tools to use and appreciate them.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/31/05

Unquestionably Confused

Verizon wrote:
Thanks Jim & Swingman for the corrections.

"Jim Bailey" wrote in message
. ..

Also the Router as a Shaper.

While you're at it, the Radial Arm Saw "Appears" to be a 10" DeWalt.
I'm guessing that you measured the length of the arm to come up with
18". RAS size is determined by the blade diameter.

FWIW, I saw a similar saw though appearing to be in better condition sit
idle at an estate sale three weeks ago. They were asking $50 for it and
included a load of blades (mostly crap but one or two carbide tipped).
It went for $25 on the second day when they halved the prices of the
remaining items.

LRod

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:28:57 GMT, "Verizon"
wrote:

My family is selling the woodworking tools used by my father during his long
career as a cabinetmaker. I am hoping that there might be some interest
among the subscribers to this group.

You can view a web page documenting the available power tools at
http://s90032576.onlinehome.us/dads_tools/index.html .

Also, the DeWalt radial arm saw isn't an 18"er. Don't even know if
they made 'em that big. Measure the diameter of the blade on the saw.
It's more likely a 9 or 10" saw. I suspect you measured the length of
the arm. An actual model number would help.

You might also mention the brand/model numbers of the lathes.

There's hardly anything sadder than cleaning out the shop of someone
who enjoyed working in it. My brother and I had to do that with our
dad's shop, and then I had to do it again with my brother's.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

John McCoy

LRod wrote in news:c9i1f1t75c3vv9hm4pa53l2t5utsl4tt9r@
4ax.com:

wrote:

While you're at it, the Radial Arm Saw "Appears" to be a 10" DeWalt.
I'm guessing that you measured the length of the arm to come up with
18". RAS size is determined by the blade diameter.

Great minds...

I feel bad for nit-picking the guy, but there's two "Hudson"s in
Florida. I'm guessing he's meaning the one north of Clearwater,
not the one in the Panhandle. Makes about a 6hr difference, if
anyone was thinking of driving over to pickup any of the big
stuff.

John
LRod

wrote:

While you're at it, the Radial Arm Saw "Appears" to be a 10" DeWalt.
I'm guessing that you measured the length of the arm to come up with
18". RAS size is determined by the blade diameter.

Great minds...

I feel bad for nit-picking the guy, but there's two "Hudson"s in
Florida. I'm guessing he's meaning the one north of Clearwater,
not the one in the Panhandle. Makes about a 6hr difference, if
anyone was thinking of driving over to pickup any of the big
stuff.

Ha, ha. I found that, too, when I went to my mapping program. The one
in the panhandle looks to be more of a wide spot in the road, than
anything. There're two Bolivars in NY, too. Probably find a lot of
duplication in various states. Thank goodness for zipcodes, eh?

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

John McCoy

LRod wrote in
:

Ha, ha. I found that, too, when I went to my mapping program. The one
in the panhandle looks to be more of a wide spot in the road, than
anything.

Might be a mini-mart, there, I don't recall. I don't go thru that
part of the state very often.

There're two Bolivars in NY, too. Probably find a lot of
duplication in various states. Thank goodness for zipcodes, eh?

Before the advent of zip codes, the post office tried very hard
to ensure that no two towns had the same name, even in different
states (especially if the state abbreviations were easily confused,
like Cal and Col). It's likely that the panhandle Hudson never
had a post office, mail probably was (and is) addressed to Ponce
De Leon or Caryville.

John

Verizon

Thanks for the responses and questions. The tool web pages have been updated
with more info and a lathe page has been added, but to summarize:
- The location is Hudson, FL 33767, about 1 hour north of Clearwater
- Jointer blade is 6-inches wide
- Shaper shaft is 1/2-inch diameter
- Radial arm saw installed blade diameter is 8-inches, Dewalt Model #925,
m/l #264

"Verizon" wrote in message
My family is selling the woodworking tools used by my father during his
long career as a cabinetmaker. I am hoping that there might be some
interest among the subscribers to this group.

You can view a web page documenting the available power tools at
http://s90032576.onlinehome.us/dads_tools/index.html .

Unquestionably Confused

Verizon wrote:
Thanks for the responses and questions. The tool web pages have been updated
with more info and a lathe page has been added, but to summarize:

- Radial arm saw installed blade diameter is 8-inches, Dewalt Model #925,
m/l #264

Okay, that should be a 9" RAS dating back to the late 50's.

Carlos

My family is selling the woodworking tools used by my father during his long
career as a cabinetmaker.

The tools will be available for inspection & purchase on 9/10 and 9/11 from
8am to 3pm at 7607 New York Ave, Hudson, FL 34667.

Photos of some of the tools and a link to a mapquest map to the site are
available at
http://s90032576.onlinehome.us/dads_tools/index.html .