charlie b

Default Tips for potential Studo Woodworkerists - An Example

In my earlyier article, posted to rec.woodworking, I presented
Ten Insights Into hHow to Become a Studio Woodworkerist.
Since then I've begun implimenting some of those Insights.

I am now a Rotationiste (think of some Cubist's painting,
pull out some component(s) and add rotation).

I've begun two new series of works
- my Paradox In Wood Series (Paradox In Wood - making
objects which triggers familiar phrases / quotes/ concepts
and, using the proper wood, creates a mental twist/ paradox.
and
-my Sets Series.(The Sets Series - two or more pieces,
which when grouped together as a set, provoke the viewer
to think - or better yet - to laugh).

From now on, when posting in Rotationiste Mode, I shall
use the name Chawls Bayldon (there would be
a tilde over the "o" but I can't figure out how to put
it there).

In the near future my pieces will only be made of Macassar
Ebony, Tulip Wood, Pink Ivory or Jummy Wood.

I've decided against providing any dimensions for my
pieces, leaving that to the viewer(s) of my works.

I've invented Plasticity Illusionism - creating the illusion
that a hard natural organic material (wood) can be made to
appear to be a soft, pliable semi-solid or even a viscous
liquid. If Dali can do melting watches I can get wood to
drip.

http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/.../Turning5.html

Still looking for a pair of clogs, can't decide if i should
go with a camo ascot or a day-glo bow tie and am
looking into the feasabilty of wearing dual monocles. If
anyone has suggestions on how to find a lava lamp or
recomendations for a good type of incense - or where
to get Mur/Mir/Mer (?) . ..

Come on guys and gals - support the arts.

Chawls Bayldon
The Rotationiste
formerly known as
charlie b

ps - Is my tongue in cheek obvious? If so,
I need to work on that if I hope to ever
cash in on this new persona
Charlie Self

charlie b wrote:
Still looking for a pair of clogs, can't decide if i should
go with a camo ascot or a day-glo bow tie and

No, no, NO! You have it backwards. Camie bow tie or day glo ascot.

Swingman

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
charlie b wrote:
Still looking for a pair of clogs, can't decide if i should
go with a camo ascot or a day-glo bow tie and

No, no, NO! You have it backwards. Camie bow tie or day glo ascot.

I don't know about that ... is the belly button ring gold or silver?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/31/05

Joe Gorman

charlie b wrote:
In my earlyier article, posted to rec.woodworking, I presented
Ten Insights Into hHow to Become a Studio Woodworkerist.
Since then I've begun implimenting some of those Insights.

I am now a Rotationiste (think of some Cubist's painting,
pull out some component(s) and add rotation).

I've begun two new series of works
- my Paradox In Wood Series (Paradox In Wood - making
objects which triggers familiar phrases / quotes/ concepts
and, using the proper wood, creates a mental twist/ paradox.
and
-my Sets Series.(The Sets Series - two or more pieces,
which when grouped together as a set, provoke the viewer
to think - or better yet - to laugh).

From now on, when posting in Rotationiste Mode, I shall
use the name Chawls Bayldon (there would be
a tilde over the "o" but I can't figure out how to put
it there).

Snip

Chawls Bayldon
The Rotationiste
formerly known as
charlie b

ps - Is my tongue in cheek obvious? If so,
I need to work on that if I hope to ever
cash in on this new persona

Take your pick, hold the ALT key down while entering the number, should
work with any text only app.
ô 147
ö 148
ò 149
ó 162
Joe
Tom Watson

charlie b wrote:
Still looking for a pair of clogs, can't decide if i should
go with a camo ascot or a day-glo bow tie and

No, no, NO! You have it backwards. Camie bow tie or day glo ascot.

I don't know about that ... is the belly button ring gold or silver?

We ought to let the contractors get in on this thing.

During some phases of the job they act as deconstructionists.

Those who are particularly adept could be said to be engaged in

Art Demo.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)

Charlie Self

charlie b wrote:
Still looking for a pair of clogs, can't decide if i should
go with a camo ascot or a day-glo bow tie and

No, no, NO! You have it backwards. Camie bow tie or day glo ascot.

I don't know about that ... is the belly button ring gold or silver?

We ought to let the contractors get in on this thing.

During some phases of the job they act as deconstructionists.

Those who are particularly adept could be said to be engaged in

Art Demo.

Oh. Ouch. Damn. Hurts worse than those lidocaine shots yesterday.

Prometheus

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 00:12:10 -0700, charlie b
wrote:

Still looking for a pair of clogs, can't decide if i should
go with a camo ascot or a day-glo bow tie and am
looking into the feasabilty of wearing dual monocles. If
anyone has suggestions on how to find a lava lamp or
recomendations for a good type of incense - or where
to get Mur/Mir/Mer (?) . ..

Myhrr. Find an alternative bookstore that sells "essential oils"