SBO

Default Where are you buying your plans ?

I am sometimes looking for some plans for woodworking. I would like to know
what is your favorite place.

thank you !

Stephane Bourque

David

SBO wrote:

I am sometimes looking for some plans for woodworking. I would like to know
what is your favorite place.

thank you !

Stephane Bourque

between my ears.

Dave
Edwin Pawlowski

"SBO" wrote in message
.. .
I am sometimes looking for some plans for woodworking. I would like to know
what is your favorite place.

thank you !

Stephane Bourque

I bought the Tudor bench plans from http://www.americanfurnituredsgn.com/

I bought one each from U-Bild and Yankee workshop. Everything else came from
a pencil and paper from my own ideas. Made a garden bench from plans in
Wood Magazine.

Rather than re-invent the wheel, I'm willing to buy a set of plans if I see
something I want. OTOH, if I don't see it, I draw it and build it. You can
see some of the items from plans as well as my own ideas on my web page.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Upscale

"SBO" wrote in message news:q9EDe.7861
I am sometimes looking for some plans for woodworking. I would like to

know
what is your favorite place.

Don't buy plans. Download and save pictures of what I like and then build it
to suit my preferences.

put \RP\ in front of the 77469 to reply

I'm surprised at you, Joat!

After reading hundreds, if not thousands of your posts, and saving a pretty large percentage of
them, I'd think you'd have given him the url to a pointy stick or pucky duck or something that would
be a challenge.

Signed,
A. Lurker

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:38:50 -0400, (J T) wrote:

Wed, Jul 20, 2005, 10:56pm
(SBO)
I am sometimes looking for some plans for woodworking. I would like to
know what is your favorite place.

Plans? Plans? Don' need no steenkin' plans.

If you don't want to make up your own, google is the place you
wanna be. Loads of free plans. Or so I've heard.

You left out all the pertinent details, like what you want to make,
and so on. Lacking all the important stuff, I took it upon myself to
find a plan for you. Enjoy.
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/crafts?p...&craftid=10118

JOAT
Blessed are the flexible; for they shall never be bent out of shape.
- Unknown

RonB

Woodcraft, Rockler, Grizzly, local woodworker supply stores, etc.

However, as otheres have suggested, if you see a piece that you like, look
it over, take photos and work up your own drawings and working sketches.

RonB

Edwin Pawlowski

"RonB" wrote in message
Woodcraft, Rockler, Grizzly, local woodworker supply stores, etc.

However, as otheres have suggested, if you see a piece that you like, look
it over, take photos and work up your own drawings and working sketches.

Plans have advantages. I want to make a small pair of gates for the stairs
on my deck. Some years ago I put them together hastily and they lasted, but
it is time for something much better. So far, I've decided to use pressure
treated and stain (like the rest of the deck), Spanish cedar, mahogany, or
Ipe. They will have either spindles, square pillars or some sort of
geometrical pattern. The tops may or may not be square as I'm thinking I
can do a nice curve just as easily.

So far, I've put about an hour of thinking into this. If I had plans, I
could have just put my brain into "coast" and had them done by now.