Default Ryobi BT 3100

Greetings!
Any opinions regarding the Ryobi BT3100 Table Saw?

I DAGS, and seem to have found that about half the worlsd hates it,
and the other half likes it. No help there. So I thought I'd turn to
"the group", and see if any of you have any experience with it, or
opinions to share.

Why? A friend has offerd his to me, at about half the cost new ($150
to me). He's moving to an apartment, and has no home for it anymore!
*He* liked it, but he also had NO other reference point. Any
opinions would be appreciated.

AtDhVaAnNkCsE,
Hal

SonomaProducts.com

I don't know too much about this saw but I've got to believe it's worth
$150 if you need a saw and have none. This is the only saw that I know
of that has it's own newgroup. Can't remember where it is but there is
a big user community and they have a newsgroup somewhere.

I'll bet you could buy it and sell it in that group for $200.

BW

Glen

I have had a BT3000 for fifteen years. It does the job, it is easy to
get repair parts when it breaks. The fence and table have a little
more play than I would like. I have also missed having a mitre slot
but there are work arounds. For $150 it will provide a good beginning
to your workshop. Although I could replace it with a better table saw
now, I won't bother. I find I use my bandsaw for a lot of sawing tasks
that I used to do on the table saw. I use hand saws for other tasks.
However, when I want to make parallel cuts, like when I am squaring up
a board, a table saw it hard to beat, even a BT3100.

SonomaProducts.com wrote:
I don't know too much about this saw but I've got to believe it's worth
$150 if you need a saw and have none. This is the only saw that I know
of that has it's own newgroup. Can't remember where it is but there is
a big user community and they have a newsgroup somewhere.

I'll bet you could buy it and sell it in that group for $200.

BW

Kevin Craig

In article , WillR
wrote:

I have the BT3000SX. I made a miter slot for it. Have a look at the shop
section on my web page.

That's pretty much how I've envisioned modifying mine, but I think I'd
prefer a single slot on each side.

Kevin

Thank you (All) for your input. Sound like I could do a whole lot
worse for the price...And if I *outgrow* it, I may even get most of it
back!

Thanks again!

Hal

What voltage does your Ryobi charger output? Ladd Woodworking 4 July 10th 05 04:40 PM
Ryobi, why no demand for it? Andrew Woodworking 34 January 9th 05 08:02 PM
M akita or RYOBI Phil UK diy 37 March 9th 04 05:47 PM
Ryobi & Craftsman (newbie Q) RLK Woodworking 7 September 24th 03 01:06 AM
Ryobi vs DeWalt cordless review Sam Hopkins Woodworking 8 September 11th 03 04:43 PM