Silvan

Default Popping in to plug my book...

99% of you don't have a clue what this is about, but here's a link anyway.

http://tinyurl.com/9a6hz

My Rosegarden (music application for Linux) book is published, and available
from Amazon.co.uk. (Supposed to be available from Amazon.com too, but it's
not there yet.)

The book and Rosegarden itself are what I've been doing since I wandered off
a bit back. I haven't really done anything creative or interesting in my
shop since the Pinewood Derby. It was dismal, dank and rainy for a long
time, and then it got -- HOT --. I'm more or less just biding my time
until fall. I don't even have the energy to get out there and try to
improve the ventilation or something to get it less hot. (HOT means 100 is
a typical day, and I've seen 120. Urf. It's impossible to work when
you're pouring corrosive sweat all over every cast iron surface in a room
full of cast iron surfaces. Not to mention swelling up the wood fibers.)

Probably the most noteworthy thing that a majority of you Wreckers will
appreciate is that I've had a falling out with the BSA. My son bridged
over from Webelos II, and everything was all go go yeeha whoop-t-dee, let's
be Boy Scouts, for about six weeks. He hated every second of it, starting
after about the third meeting.

The older Scouts were constantly picking on him, shoving him around,
delighting in his girlish squeals when they would do something he felt
might cause an injury to his recently-healed dislocated elbow, and the
other adult leaders and older boy leaders were just looking the other way,
and/or the aggressors were just really good at doing their thing when no
one was looking. I can buy either story, or a combination. It happens.
Jock dad tells his son not to beat up wuss kid in public, but secretly
delights in being able to live vicariously through his wee lad and sock the
hell out of that little wuss kid. Bullies are also extremely adept at
presenting one face to authority figures, and a completely different face
to bully-ees.

I could rant about it for hours, bitching about juice and politics and
hypocrisy, but the bottom line is that I was unable to be at any of these
meetings, and there was no way anybody else was going to look after my son.
He was going to have to stand up for himself, and he wouldn't. He just
hasn't reached that breaking point yet. Someday he will stand up and kick
somebody in the nuts and put an end to this crap once and for all, but
until then he's bully fodder. I just couldn't see driving across town and
back twice to keep submitting him to that kind of crap. He's going to have
to deal with it in school, but why volunteer for an extra helping after
hours?

On the bright side, the other reason he kind of lost interest in Scout stuff
was because he found himself a little miniature sized wimminz to hang out
with. I didn't have this close of a relationship with a girl until I was
getting close to buy beer, and here the little pre-teen Casanova has scored
himself a gen-u-ine girlfriend before he even reached middle school. They
go bowling together, see movies, go to parks, and delight in each other's
company in stuff (chaperoned and chauffeured and financed by one set of
parents or the other, obviously) and they both seem really happy. They're
both bully fodder, see.

It seems like an OK deal to me. I'd trade hanging out with a bunch of boys
for a good woman any day of the week.

Well, that's about it in a nutshell, unless I find time to cry about how
close to the brink my poor termite-infested shop is. I went digging
underneath, and there ain't no underneath there anymore. The sub-structure
stuff everything else sits on it nothing but paint and knots. Sigh.

I'm going to try to hold out for a couple three more years, and I think it
will probably make it. If it's still standing now, it will keep levitating
awhile longer. When I get some bills paid down and gain some breathing
room, I think I'm going to suck it up, spend the difference, and put up a
decent steel building. Eat THAT you *******s.

Feel free to go buy a copy of my book, even though you have no idea what
it's about. I don't mind a bit.

Oh, and BTW, Dave, I haven't heard from you in a good while now.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
John B

Silvan wrote:
[...]

G'day Silvan,
My heart realy does go out to you and your boy. I can't abide bullies.
I'm not to old to remember being bullied myself at school, always being
the smallest and youngest in the class. It took until 8th year for me to
snap and all I wanted to do was kill the *******, well him and his mates
never bullied me again. My young bloke is autistic, although, high
functioning. The poor little bugger is constantly being picked on
because he is a bit different and maybe because he is smarter then most
other kids.
Anyhow, hang in there and get out to the shed and get rid of some
frustration, it saves dogs
All the best to you and your
John
Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
Silvan wrote:

The older Scouts were constantly picking on him, shoving him around,

Damn Silvan - have I been asleep or has it been a while since you've
posted?

As to the Scouts, I can relate to your son's experiences. Scouts are a
cross-section of the rest of male society. There are bullies,
intellectuals, jocks, geeks, geniuses, rocks for brains and everything
in between - and the Scout Masters are the very same. It's a shame that
the adults weren't more attentive to the situation - is there another
troop in your area that might be more welcoming?

I had a sour experience with Scouts when I moved from one state to
another and tried joining a new troop. I guess it was sort of a hazing
to see if you passed their muster but I didn't like it or feel welcome
in the least. I find it sad that these goings on are still present some
30 years after my experience.

On the flip side, my nephew has been in Scouts for several years now and
he's a very thin and unassuming kid - will probably make Eagle in a
couple years. I guess it's not so much the fault of the boys in your
son's troop - they'll get away with what they can - it's the failing of
the Scout Master.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 03:44:45 -0400, the opaque Silvan
clearly wrote:

99% of you don't have a clue what this is about, but here's a link anyway.

http://tinyurl.com/9a6hz

My Rosegarden (music application for Linux) book is published, and available
from Amazon.co.uk. (Supposed to be available from Amazon.com too, but it's
not there yet.)

Quick, before the US version is up, too, GIVE THEM A REVIEW AND MORE
INFO. You're going to have a lot of angry little old Mums breaking
down your door with "Where are the roses?" questions, son.

The book and Rosegarden itself are what I've been doing since I wandered off
a bit back. I haven't really done anything creative or interesting in my
shop since the Pinewood Derby. It was dismal, dank and rainy for a long
time, and then it got -- HOT --. I'm more or less just biding my time
until fall. I don't even have the energy to get out there and try to
improve the ventilation or something to get it less hot. (HOT means 100 is
a typical day, and I've seen 120. Urf. It's impossible to work when
you're pouring corrosive sweat all over every cast iron surface in a room
full of cast iron surfaces. Not to mention swelling up the wood fibers.)

I touched a brake drum in a junk yard Phoenix one summer afternoon and
learned my lesson but good. Steel and heat get along too well for even
a calloused hand to be comfy.

Probably the most noteworthy thing that a majority of you Wreckers will
appreciate is that I've had a falling out with the BSA. My son bridged
over from Webelos II, and everything was all go go yeeha whoop-t-dee, let's
be Boy Scouts, for about six weeks. He hated every second of it, starting
after about the third meeting.

I stopped after the Cub scouts but did buy some of the BS projects and
build them. My favorite was the self-propelled rocket ship (rubber
band/propeller/balsa wood model on a 100' wire between trees.)

The older Scouts were constantly picking on him, shoving him around,
delighting in his girlish squeals when they would do something he felt
might cause an injury to his recently-healed dislocated elbow, and the
other adult leaders and older boy leaders were just looking the other way,
and/or the aggressors were just really good at doing their thing when no
one was looking. I can buy either story, or a combination. It happens.
Jock dad tells his son not to beat up wuss kid in public, but secretly
delights in being able to live vicariously through his wee lad and sock the
hell out of that little wuss kid. Bullies are also extremely adept at
presenting one face to authority figures, and a completely different face
to bully-ees.

BTDT, finally stood up to the bully, Rex, on the football/track field.
He was 8" taller and had a good 50 lbs on me. I was a couple inches
shorter than most of the guys in my PE class and yelled, in my loudest
voice, "OK, if you want to hit me, hit me." and then put my arms down
to my side and left them there. The entire school watched as he backed
down and he never pushed me around again. Rex Ashlock is a name I
won't soon forget. It sure felt good to stand up to him and NOT get
hammered. g

--snip--
It seems like an OK deal to me. I'd trade hanging out with a bunch of boys
for a good woman any day of the week.

Works for me, too!

Well, that's about it in a nutshell, unless I find time to cry about how
close to the brink my poor termite-infested shop is. I went digging
underneath, and there ain't no underneath there anymore. The sub-structure
stuff everything else sits on it nothing but paint and knots. Sigh.

Ah, sounds like my old homestead in LoCal. Don't miss it a bit. (Well,
I do miss the bevy of beauties in bikinis and the SD Wild Animal Park,
but that's about it.)

I'm going to try to hold out for a couple three more years, and I think it
will probably make it. If it's still standing now, it will keep levitating
awhile longer. When I get some bills paid down and gain some breathing
room, I think I'm going to suck it up, spend the difference, and put up a
decent steel building. Eat THAT you *******s.

You shall surely suck when you do that, but I hear no howling winds at
your door just yet, Silvie. Welcome back, BTW.

Feel free to go buy a copy of my book, even though you have no idea what
it's about. I don't mind a bit.

Twenty some odd Samoleans? Pass.

Oh, and BTW, Dave, I haven't heard from you in a good while now.

What? Dave's not here, man. --Cheech

- Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag? -
http://diversify.com Full Service Web Application Programming
Guess who

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 03:44:45 -0400, Silvan
wrote:

99% of you don't have a clue what this is about

....er, woodworking?

toller

Didn't look at the book, but congratulations. I know what a thrill it was
when my wife got published.

Really sad about your son's scouting experience. (I am heading off to Scout
camp in about an hour.)
My son's troup is run entirely by the older boys and they are great working
with the little guys. The boys with the wrong spirit simply drop out. Maybe
if you looked around you could find one like that?

Oh, about bullies... My cousin was really short and got picked on, until he
broke someone's leg with a kick.

Patrick Conroy

Silvan wrote in
:

http://tinyurl.com/9a6hz

Congrats on your literary accomplishment!

Just wondering who's poorer - an author or a drummer...

boys for a good woman any day of the week.

Speaking of which - I lost track. Did everything heal OK on the Mrs.?
Dave in Fairfax

Silvan wrote:
snip
Oh, and BTW, Dave, I haven't heard from you in a good while now.

Remember we were having adelphia problems and then they started working
again so I was sending to the addy you sent from, I'll see if I have the
other one and resend to that.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net
Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

Rex Ashlock is a name I
won't soon forget

Victor Lippy.

Cheese'n'rice, with a name like that I guess I can muster some sympathy
for the guy - but still...
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
__________

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05
Charlie Self

Fly-by-Night CC wrote:
In article ,
Silvan wrote:

[...]

I left the Sea Scouts something like 51 or 52 years ago because of the
hazing. Four or five years later, I was at Parris Island learning what
concentrated and deliberate hazing was all about.

Semper fi.

Kids live through it, some are better for it, most are not unless it
has a really tight aim, as at PI.

Silvan

Larry Jaques wrote:

Quick, before the US version is up, too, GIVE THEM A REVIEW AND MORE
INFO. You're going to have a lot of angry little old Mums breaking
down your door with "Where are the roses?" questions, son.

I did that five minutes after I saw the book was up, but it ain't there yet.

you're pouring corrosive sweat all over every cast iron surface in a room
full of cast iron surfaces. Not to mention swelling up the wood fibers.)

I touched a brake drum in a junk yard Phoenix one summer afternoon and
learned my lesson but good. Steel and heat get along too well for even
a calloused hand to be comfy.

Oh yeah, that too, that too.

down and he never pushed me around again. Rex Ashlock is a name I
won't soon forget. It sure felt good to stand up to him and NOT get
hammered. g

George Jackson. BTDT.

I never did get hammered either, and after that I just walked around daring
people to start something. Nobody ever did. Amazing.

But I've given this lecture 10,000 times, and my son isn't ready to
apprehend its underlying meaning yet.

Ah, sounds like my old homestead in LoCal. Don't miss it a bit. (Well,
I do miss the bevy of beauties in bikinis and the SD Wild Animal Park,
but that's about it.)

I can imagine. I went to some take-your-dog-to-the-pool-for-charity thing
not too long ago. I should go to the pool more often. Usually you have to
pay a $10 cover charge to see that much jiggling flesh, and the pool is
only $5.

(I'm not actually serious though. I guess I'm getting old, or resigned to
my fate to go around with PROPERTY OF SWMBO: DO NOT TOUCH stamped on my
forehead forever. Something.

awhile longer. When I get some bills paid down and gain some breathing
room, I think I'm going to suck it up, spend the difference, and put up a
decent steel building. Eat THAT you *******s.

You shall surely suck when you do that, but I hear no howling winds at
your door just yet, Silvie. Welcome back, BTW.

No no howling winds or even a faint stirring of air yet. I'm thinking steel
for the easy up as much as anything else. They built a modular steel
building across the street, something like 75,000 sq. ft. and 20' tall, and
one guy did 95% of the erection work by himself, just him and a forklift.
I thought "yeah, I could do that." Plus of course there ain't a bug yet
that eats steel. Not yet anyway.

Feel free to go buy a copy of my book, even though you have no idea what
it's about. I don't mind a bit.

Twenty some odd Samoleans? Pass.

Or you could just send me two bucks and it's all the same to me. The
author biz sucks as a get rich quick scheme. Evvvvvrybody's got a hand
out.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Silvan

Patrick Conroy wrote:

Congrats on your literary accomplishment!

Thanks.

Just wondering who's poorer - an author or a drummer...

Good question. I'm told I'll be very lucky to sell more copies than my
advance on something this obscure and niche-oriented, so let's see...
1,300 hours over 2.5 years (easy), compared to my advance...

Unless I sell more than 500 copies, I will have worked for $0.32 an hour.

I'm betting drumming pays at least double that.

boys for a good woman any day of the week.

Speaking of which - I lost track. Did everything heal OK on the Mrs.?

Yup, everything but the hole in my wallet, which is still hemorrhaging.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Tim Douglass

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:00:46 -0400, Silvan
wrote:

Patrick Conroy wrote:

Congrats on your literary accomplishment!

Thanks.

Just wondering who's poorer - an author or a drummer...

Good question. I'm told I'll be very lucky to sell more copies than my
advance on something this obscure and niche-oriented, so let's see...
1,300 hours over 2.5 years (easy), compared to my advance...

Unless I sell more than 500 copies, I will have worked for $0.32 an hour.

I co-authored a book 10-15 years ago that sold around 2500 copies
IIRC. We never did cover the $1,500 advance we each got. Ultimately I
think we figured we worked for around ten or twelve cents an hour.
There were literally thousands of hours just in the editorial review
cycles *after* the original authoring was finished.

I'm betting drumming pays at least double that.

I was one of those for pay for a couple weekends many decades ago - we
got paid in beer.

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com
Mark & Juanita

wrote:

99% of you don't have a clue what this is about, but here's a link anyway.

http://tinyurl.com/9a6hz

My Rosegarden (music application for Linux) book is published, and available
from Amazon.co.uk. (Supposed to be available from Amazon.com too, but it's
not there yet.)

Congrats on the book.

.... snip
[...]

Get him involved in karate classes -- not so that he will go out and kick
some bully in the family jewels (good instructors are *very* good at making
sure that message is neither sent nor condoned), but to give him the self
confidence to know that he *can* do so and thus will not be intimidated by
those menaces.

.... good luck with the shop, just be careful so it doesn't come down on top
of you. We like hearing from you occasionally -- would ruin our day if we
found out you had been crushed by a termite-riddled shop. :-(

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:49:23 -0400, Silvan
wrote:

down and he never pushed me around again. Rex Ashlock is a name I
won't soon forget. It sure felt good to stand up to him and NOT get
hammered. g

George Jackson. BTDT.

I never did get hammered either, and after that I just walked around daring
people to start something. Nobody ever did. Amazing.

But I've given this lecture 10,000 times, and my son isn't ready to
apprehend its underlying meaning yet.

consider offering him lessons in one of the peaceful warrior type
martial arts. the headspace is great, and when the time does come,
he's likely to be the one who comes out on top.

welcome back, Sylvan.
Ron Bean

Fly-by-Night CC writes:

Probably the most noteworthy thing that a majority of you Wreckers will
appreciate is that I've had a falling out with the BSA.

...is there another
troop in your area that might be more welcoming?

I'll second this suggestion. When I outgrew the Webelos, I wasn't
too impressed with the local Boy Scout troop, so I conveniently
"forgot" to sign up. But my mother somehow had the idea that the
Boy Scouts were a Good Thing, and she got me into another
(smaller) troop, and it was a very different experience.

I think it helped a lot that they were in a different school
district, so I didn't see the same guys every day at school.
And they had a good scoutmaster, which helps a lot-- a few years
later when his son graduated, they had a hard time replacing him
and the troop gradually fell apart, but it was good while it
lasted.

OTOH almost any other activity with good adult leadership
(role models) might be an adequate substitute. For me the main
thing about the Boy Scouts was the chance to go camping every
month, which was an opportunity I wouldn't have had otherwise.
I was never much interested in things like merit badges (YMMV).

bf

Silvan wrote:
Probably the most noteworthy thing that a majority of you Wreckers will
appreciate is that I've had a falling out with the BSA. My son bridged
over from Webelos II, and everything was all go go yeeha whoop-t-dee, let's
be Boy Scouts, for about six weeks. He hated every second of it, starting
after about the third meeting.

You can try another troop, if there's one around. Also, I don't mean to
come across as totally rude, but if you are driving him across town to
go to the meeting (as you said), why not stay for the hour meeting and
keep a watch on things? I have no problem yelling at other peoples'
little *******s when they misbehave.

Of course, I guess by now, your kid has no interest in Scouts.

Silvan

Tim Douglass wrote:

think we figured we worked for around ten or twelve cents an hour.
There were literally thousands of hours just in the editorial review
cycles *after* the original authoring was finished.

Yeah, it's a lot of work, innit?

I'm betting drumming pays at least double that.

I was one of those for pay for a couple weekends many decades ago - we
got paid in beer.

Well, call it $1 per bottle for decent beer (easy) one beer per hour for
1300 hours (easy) and they'd be spending a lot more to pay me in beer.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Silvan

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Get him involved in karate classes -- not so that he will go out and

Yeah, I'm trying to do just that, actually. Funny you should mention
that.

... good luck with the shop, just be careful so it doesn't come down on
top of you. We like hearing from you occasionally -- would ruin our day if
we
found out you had been crushed by a termite-riddled shop. :-(

The roof ain't gonna fall in. Everything above maybe 4" above ground is in
surprisingly good shape.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Silvan

Ron Bean wrote:

...is there another
troop in your area that might be more welcoming?

I'll second this suggestion. When I outgrew the Webelos, I wasn't
too impressed with the local Boy Scout troop, so I conveniently

One thing I forgot on this... This is a "good" troop. Really highly
acclaimed and stuff, with money and resources up the wazoo, and lots of
happy people who are all on the same page together and stuff.

My son just didn't fit in with them.

I decided to pull the plug on the whole thing though. Scouting was my thing
more than his, and he'd rather hand out and trade Pokemon cards with his
girlfriend.

Hey, at least he ain't gay. He's spending a lot of time with her, going on
stuff you could even call dates. They get along great. Maybe he'd just
rather hang out with a chick than a bunch of guys. Ain't nothin' wrong
with that. I'd rather hang out with a chick too.

OTOH almost any other activity with good adult leadership
(role models) might be an adequate substitute. For me the main
thing about the Boy Scouts was the chance to go camping every
month, which was an opportunity I wouldn't have had otherwise.
I was never much interested in things like merit badges (YMMV).

Exactly. I'm going to send him on some adventure camp stuff instead. It's
all good.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Silvan

bf wrote:

You can try another troop, if there's one around. Also, I don't mean to
come across as totally rude, but if you are driving him across town to
go to the meeting (as you said), why not stay for the hour meeting and
keep a watch on things? I have no problem yelling at other peoples'
little *******s when they misbehave.

I couldn't. Meetings were on Monday nights, and I've worked every Monday
from dawn to dusk and beyond for years. That's life as a grown-up.

Cub meetings were on a different night. The Monday thing was a big change,
and probably the all-important change. Nothing could be done about that on
either side of the equation though.

C'est la vie. Life went on.

Just got his academic performance rating stuff in the mail today... The No
Child Left Behind-mandated stuff.

advanced performance
advanced performance
advanced performance
advanced performance
advanced performance
passed

Not too damn shabby. The only thing he didn't get "advanced" in was
writing, which is somewhat ironic. He kicks my butt in math stuff, but I
can write circles around the little genius.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Edwin Pawlowski

"Silvan" wrote in message
Just got his academic performance rating stuff in the mail today... The
No
Child Left Behind-mandated stuff.

advanced performance
advanced performance
advanced performance
advanced performance
advanced performance
passed

Not too damn shabby.

This is maybe why he didn't fit in with the other kids. Very sad that high
performance where it counts just is not "cool" in society any more. I hope
he keeps it up.

Tim Douglass

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:04:30 -0400, Silvan
wrote:

Tim Douglass wrote:

I'm betting drumming pays at least double that.

I was one of those for pay for a couple weekends many decades ago - we
got paid in beer.

Well, call it $1 per bottle for decent beer (easy) one beer per hour for
1300 hours (easy) and they'd be spending a lot more to pay me in beer.

Curious thing about getting paid in beer - there is a certain point
beyond which it is impossible to earn any more....

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com
Tim Douglass

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:06:56 -0400, Silvan
wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:

... good luck with the shop, just be careful so it doesn't come down on
top of you. We like hearing from you occasionally -- would ruin our day if
we
found out you had been crushed by a termite-riddled shop. :-(

The roof ain't gonna fall in. Everything above maybe 4" above ground is in
surprisingly good shape.

If you ever go out to your shop and it seems like the door is a bit
short you'll know what happened. :-)

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

Markem

wrote:

Tim Douglass wrote:

I'm betting drumming pays at least double that.

I was one of those for pay for a couple weekends many decades ago - we
got paid in beer.

Well, call it $1 per bottle for decent beer (easy) one beer per hour for
1300 hours (easy) and they'd be spending a lot more to pay me in beer.

Curious thing about getting paid in beer - there is a certain point
beyond which it is impossible to earn any more....

You only rent beer though.....

Mark
Silvan

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

advanced performance
advanced performance
advanced performance
advanced performance
advanced performance
passed

Not too damn shabby.

This is maybe why he didn't fit in with the other kids. Very sad that
high
performance where it counts just is not "cool" in society any more. I
hope he keeps it up.

Yeah, plus COMPLETELY sucking at everything related to sports. That had a
lot to do with it too.

I don't think high performance has *ever* been cool though. We're a strange
species. We beat the crap out of the ones who stand out, unless they stand
out because they're good at beating the crap out of people.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Silvan

Tim Douglass wrote:

Well, call it $1 per bottle for decent beer (easy) one beer per hour for
1300 hours (easy) and they'd be spending a lot more to pay me in beer.

Curious thing about getting paid in beer - there is a certain point
beyond which it is impossible to earn any more....

*hic* I dn'ot knwo whta yuor talinkg aobut.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Dana Miller

In article ,
"toller" wrote:

Didn't look at the book, but congratulations. I know what a thrill it was
when my wife got published.

Really sad about your son's scouting experience. (I am heading off to Scout
camp in about an hour.)
My son's troup is run entirely by the older boys and they are great working
with the little guys. The boys with the wrong spirit simply drop out. Maybe
if you looked around you could find one like that?

Oh, about bullies... My cousin was really short and got picked on, until he
broke someone's leg with a kick.

On the bully thing. Read Ender's Game By Orson Scott Card.

--
Dana Miller