Sean

Default How to cut arborite in a corner???

I may have made a small mistake. I glued my arborite onto the counter top
for some new cabinets and forgot that one side runs into a wall. When I went
to use my router to trim down all the excess arborite, it went fine until
the last 3" when the router runs into the wall. How do I trim off that last
little bit with a clean cut? Or am I really out of luck?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Sean.

Upscale

"Sean" wrote in message
the last 3" when the router runs into the wall. How do I trim off that

last
little bit with a clean cut? Or am I really out of luck?

Easy, just use a hammer to break off the overhang and paint to fill in the
off colour cracks. G

Ok, that was a joke. I suggest using a small toothed saw, trim it off about
1/8" from the counter edge and then use a razor knife to trim the rest off
flush with counter.

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 00:05:53 -0700, "Sean" wrote:

I may have made a small mistake. I glued my arborite onto the counter top
for some new cabinets and forgot that one side runs into a wall. When I went
to use my router to trim down all the excess arborite, it went fine until
the last 3" when the router runs into the wall. How do I trim off that last
little bit with a clean cut? Or am I really out of luck?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Sean.

if you have an offset base for your trimmer it'll get you to within an
inch or so of the wall. in any case, the remainder has to be cut by
hand. I have done it by getting it close with tin snips and finishing
it with a file and by scribing through from beneath with a sharp
knife. in either case, the last bit is filed off with a wide single
cut mill file, at the same time working the whole edge down with the
file.
Robatoy

In article ,
"Sean" wrote:

I may have made a small mistake. I glued my arborite onto the counter top
for some new cabinets and forgot that one side runs into a wall. When I went
to use my router to trim down all the excess arborite, it went fine until
the last 3" when the router runs into the wall. How do I trim off that last
little bit with a clean cut? Or am I really out of luck?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Sean.

A deft hand with a fine-grit belt-sander is what I have used
successfully. Emphasis on deft...easy does it...and, of course, the
direction of the belt must be downward towards the counter..