Ron Moore

Default Suggested uses of cyprus

A friend bought a bunch of cyprus (1x12) at the auction of a local old
mansion. It came from the ceiling of a long hallway. He's offered it to me
(for what he paid) but I haven't decided on a good app for it. Any
suggestions??? I really prefer the darker woods: mahogany, cherry and
walnut but I'm open to ideas.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

Ron Moore wrote:
Any
suggestions???

It would be nice if the Turks and Greeks were to get along a
little better.

--

FF

J.B. Bobbitt

I'd use it for the ceiling of a long hallway.

thud

OK, its rot resistant, I've heard, so outdoor furniture comes to mind.

-jbb

"Ron Moore" wrote in message
A friend bought a bunch of cyprus (1x12) at the auction of a local old
mansion. It came from the ceiling of a long hallway. He's offered it to
me (for what he paid) but I haven't decided on a good app for it. Any
suggestions??? I really prefer the darker woods: mahogany, cherry and
walnut but I'm open to ideas.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

Dan

On Mon 27 Jun 2005 09:29:02p, "J.B. Bobbitt" wrote
in :

OK, its rot resistant, I've heard, so outdoor furniture comes to mind.

Yeah, Norm uses it for his outdoor chairs and tables. I think he made a
plant stand or something too.

If I recall correctly, it's so full of oil he cleans cleans the joints with
mineral spirits or something before he glues it up.
Edwin Pawlowski

"Ron Moore" wrote in message
A friend bought a bunch of cyprus (1x12) at the auction of a local old
mansion. It came from the ceiling of a long hallway. He's offered it to
me (for what he paid) but I haven't decided on a good app for it. Any
suggestions??? I really prefer the darker woods: mahogany, cherry and
walnut but I'm open to ideas.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

Good for outdoor furniture. I've used it for benches, tables, lounge chair.
There are pictures on my web page. It has also been used for trim inside
and outside of homes also.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Dr. Deb

Dan wrote:

On Mon 27 Jun 2005 09:29:02p, "J.B. Bobbitt" wrote
in :

OK, its rot resistant, I've heard, so outdoor furniture comes to mind.

Yeah, Norm uses it for his outdoor chairs and tables. I think he made a
plant stand or something too.

If I recall correctly, it's so full of oil he cleans cleans the joints
with mineral spirits or something before he glues it up.

You are confusing cypress with teak. Any good exterior glue will work okay

BTW are there any good exterior glues? Just kidding.

Deb
woodwerks

Dan wrote:
On Mon 27 Jun 2005 09:29:02p, "J.B. Bobbitt" wrote
in :

OK, its rot resistant, I've heard, so outdoor furniture comes to mind.

Yeah, Norm uses it for his outdoor chairs and tables. I think he made a
plant stand or something too.

If I recall correctly, it's so full of oil he cleans cleans the joints with
mineral spirits or something before he glues it up.

TEAK needs the mineral spirits treatment, not cypress

Pat Barber

Let's not confuse a country(Cyprus) with the really
pretty wood called cypress.

It can be used for anlmost any application and is
favored for outdoor stuff.

Cypress is still readily available and is fairly cheap
by wood standards. It is soft and will chip quite
easily.

It takes nails,screws,glue and paint quite well.

Go to Google and search on "cypress wood"

Ron Moore wrote:

A friend bought a bunch of cyprus (1x12) at the auction of a local old
mansion. It came from the ceiling of a long hallway. He's offered it to me
(for what he paid) but I haven't decided on a good app for it. Any
suggestions??? I really prefer the darker woods: mahogany, cherry and
walnut but I'm open to ideas.
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

lgb

Something to keep Greece and Turkey occupied?

--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever

mike hide

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
Let's not confuse a country(Cyprus) with the really
pretty wood called cypress.

Aw thanks so much, I never could tell the difference .....mjh

Pat Barber

Well, apparently neither could the original poster
so I'm glad I helped both of you out.

mike hide wrote:

"Pat Barber" wrote in message

Let's not confuse a country(Cyprus) with the really
pretty wood called cypress.

Aw thanks so much, I never could tell the difference .....mjh

Cyprus Wood in Montreal?? nickoftime Woodworking 1 May 26th 05 02:43 AM
Suggested Finish Over Sikkens Wood Trim Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 2 January 17th 05 04:54 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
New to wood turning.. suggested reading? Timothy Woodturning 9 November 8th 04 05:04 PM
Suggested safety material for the "Most dangerous tool in shop" Walter H. Klaus Woodworking 3 August 28th 03 12:23 PM