Default squaring rod--what is?

Hi, folks,
I've read a couple of references to a "squaring rod" and how it's "more
accurate than any square in my shop" and "you can build one in ten
minutes" and stuff like that.

But I can't figure out what it is!

Any tips?

Thanks,
ds

Thanks for the link. This shows what I would think of as pinch-sticks.
I discovered the book where I found "squaring rod" was written by an
Englishman, so maybe there's some cross-Atlantic jargon confusing the
issue...

ds

Patriarch

Duane Bozarth wrote in
:

I'm reminded of my favorite sign I saw in Rochester (UK, not US)...

"Joinery for Purpose"

As opposed to that which occurs by accident? ;-)

Patriarch

Knothead

A.K.A "Roman Ruler"

Australopithecus scobis

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:22:21 -0500, Knothead wrote:

A.K.A "Roman Ruler"

Thank you for that information. I tried to google "roman ruler" apropos a
thread a few months ago. Found a gazillion hits on, well, Roman rulers.
Augustus, Nero...but nothing on woodworking.

--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad {dot} scientist {dot} com

Jim Weisgram

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:45:03 -0500, Australopithecus scobis
wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:22:21 -0500, Knothead wrote:

A.K.A "Roman Ruler"

Thank you for that information. I tried to google "roman ruler" apropos a
thread a few months ago. Found a gazillion hits on, well, Roman rulers.
Augustus, Nero...but nothing on woodworking.

It's all in the right combination of words, I guess. Just for kick I
did the google search:

"roman ruler" woodworking

and found a combination; the first woodworking hit was

http://www.woodworking-forum.com/woo...ts_989336.html

which seems to cover it.