Default Garage Sale micro-gloat

Stopped at a garage sale to see what was available and spotted an
unopened Veritas Tool-Setting Gauge for $5.00. Doesn't look like LV
sells them anymore, but they were going for $29 from what I've seen.
It's the one with the little steps to indicate how far up to set your
router bit etc....

JP

BillyBob

wrote in message
oups.com...
Stopped at a garage sale to see what was available and spotted an
unopened Veritas Tool-Setting Gauge for $5.00. Doesn't look like LV
sells them anymore, but they were going for $29 from what I've seen.
It's the one with the little steps to indicate how far up to set your
router bit etc....

You mean this one
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...t=1,240,41064?

Bob

Jay Pique

Egads - yes. I looked for it under "gauges" and didn't see it.
($27.50 plus S&H)

I think I'm really going to like it for dados.
JP

Unquestionably Confused

Hit the local Rockler's (Schaumburg, IL) today after receiving their
clearance flyer this past week.

One of the items listed as a "Red Dot Clearance" item (and thus eligible
for an additional 50%) discount) was Iowa Manufacturing's "Stable Mate"
metal stand for your CSMS (or any other tool you might want to mount on
a large, stable metal sawhorse).

Their clearance price was $50 and with the additional Red Dot discount
that's $25.00. I bought the stand last year through Amazon and paid
$100 for it. It is a GREAT stand at that price and, obviously, four
times as good for $25.00. The saw mounts to a quick release bracket
(included) and I found the whole system far superior to the factory
stand that came with my Delta CSMS,

Just a heads up.

Jay Pique

It was marked at 5 bucks, and I handed him 5 bucks. It was worth ten
to me, so I figured I'd keep up the good karma.
JP