alpha_uma

Default Tile Saw

This may be a stupid question, but can a table tile saw be used to cut wood
such as 1" moulding?
Al-U

Patriarch

"alpha_uma" wrote in

This may be a stupid question, but can a table tile saw be used to cut
wood such as 1" moulding?
Al-U

When for $15 you can get a Japanese style pull saw that DOES work, why
would you try?

The tile saw uses a continous rim abrasive blade, typically wet with water.
Not a good solution for wood.

Patriarch,
who has been using the tile saw too much lately...
Dave Balderstone

In article 9X5ve.1794303$Xk.1521826@pd7tw3no, alpha_uma
wrote:

This may be a stupid question, but can a table tile saw be used to cut wood
such as 1" moulding?

Yes, but I have no idea what the ends of the cut would look like. Try
it. I can't imagine the saw being damaged, so the worst you're looking
at is a bad cut.

djb

One site: http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww linkshttp://www.woodenwabbits.com
Andy Dingley

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 00:05:20 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

Yes, but I have no idea what the ends of the cut would look like.

I've actually tried this (cutting tiny tile pieces with a wooden push
stick). The tile saw blade won't even put a dent in MDF.
Prometheus

wrote:

This may be a stupid question, but can a table tile saw be used to cut wood
such as 1" moulding?

Yes, but I have no idea what the ends of the cut would look like. Try
it. I can't imagine the saw being damaged, so the worst you're looking
at is a bad cut.

That may be very bad advice if your tile saw has coolant in it. It
could gum things up terribly, and it's liable to wreck your cutting
disc.

djb

Tile installation estimate in line with market? ate1 Home Repair 3 October 28th 04 11:13 PM
**** Tile questions ceramic .vs. porcelain **** TheCouchCruncher Home Repair 6 October 9th 04 03:27 AM
Florida Tile LD Home Repair 16 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Florida Tile LD Home Ownership 17 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Tile Indentation & Cracking, Installer, and the Attorney General Ben Home Repair 8 July 18th 03 02:25 PM