Johnny V

Default AD: Pool Table Plans on Ebay

I will only post this once so please do not get angry. I am selling my
pool table plans on ebay. Please check the link for more information.

Thanks

John

Johnny V

I have been getting a lot of emails that say that exact thing . But I
revamped the text a bit and added a few things from what the web site
had. I have had good responses from people that bought the new and
improved plans.

JV

Upscale

"Johnny V" wrote in message
I have been getting a lot of emails that say that exact thing . But I
revamped the text a bit and added a few things from what the web site
had. I have had good responses from people that bought the new and
improved plans.

If I wanted to build my own pool table, I'd be much more inclined to go into
a local pool hall or establishment with some higher end models and ask them
who maintains and repairs their tables. I'd then go to that company and ask
them if I could take a few measurements and pictures. If necessary, I'd
offer them a few dollars to let me do so. Hell Norm does this all the time,
why can't other people?

I figure it's more about knowing how much support slate needs and where it
needs support. If one is ready to build their own pool table, then I'd have
to assume they have the requisite skills to make some modifications to dress
a table up from the standard fare that most local pool halls have.

JGS

Hi Upscale,
I would suggest that that could be a very time consuming &/or expensive way to
approach the project. Two of my main customers are Billiard stores who sell,
install, move and maintain tables. Very unlikely that they are going to assemble
a table for you and allow you to take pictures and measurements at each stage
unless you pay them their standard fee.(2-3 hundred depending upon the size) And
what is your time worth?
And then what if you miss some point? Trying to figure out how they do it can
take a long time. I admit that there is a certain sense of satisfaction in
making something from scratch but for many people it is not really practical.
For something like a pool table, buying a set of plans and maybe modifying them
to meet your vision may be a better way.
And yes Norm does do it. But with no disrespect meant sir, you ain't Norm.
Having pictures of him copying something in your shop is worth thousands in
free advertising. That's my 2 cents, Cheers, JG

Upscale wrote:

"Johnny V" wrote in message
[...]

Replace in-ground pool, vinyl liner TP Home Repair 4 May 15th 05 01:08 PM
Wood for Childrens Blocks Wyatt Wright Woodworking 15 April 7th 04 05:15 AM
Router table plans Dusty Woodworking 3 January 21st 04 11:13 PM
Shop SETUP TABLE plans? Joe R. Woodworking 2 November 11th 03 06:24 PM
SEASONS GREETINGS BLOCKS Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT Woodworking 2 September 8th 03 05:06 PM