Walsh

Default Grizzly nailers

anyone have experience with Grizzly finish nailers? I was thumbing through
the latest catalog and saw their 15ga angled finish nailer for $99 -
comparables from Dewalt and PC run between $150-$200. This would just be for
"recreational" use in a home shop.

Comments appreciated.

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:50:26 -0400, the opaque "Walsh"
spake:

anyone have experience with Grizzly finish nailers? I was thumbing through
the latest catalog and saw their 15ga angled finish nailer for $99 -
comparables from Dewalt and PC run between $150-$200. This would just be for
"recreational" use in a home shop.

For "rec" use, why not get one of the $15 Harbor Fright 18ga nailers?

-- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. --
HMFIC-1369

Just got one for 22 bucks....the H6332 1 1/4 18g brad nailer.. been using it
for less then a month! Works fine!

I bought it on a dare, and it works great shot about 500 nails or so, I like
it!!!

Joe

"Walsh" wrote in message
anyone have experience with Grizzly finish nailers? I was thumbing through
the latest catalog and saw their 15ga angled finish nailer for $99 -
comparables from Dewalt and PC run between $150-$200. This would just be

for
"recreational" use in a home shop.

Comments appreciated.

Ron Truitt

I have a Griz finish nailer. I seem to have trouble driving the long 2
inch nails but it does OK with the shorter ones.

I also bought a Harbor Freight framing nailer and have had good luck
with it.

RonT

cm

I have one of their very early models---maybe five years old now? Never had
a problem with it. We use it in our vintage trailer restoration business.

AZCRAIG

www.arizonavintagetrailers.com

"Walsh" wrote in message
anyone have experience with Grizzly finish nailers? I was thumbing through
the latest catalog and saw their 15ga angled finish nailer for $99 -
comparables from Dewalt and PC run between $150-$200. This would just be
for
"recreational" use in a home shop.

Comments appreciated.

Upscale

"Ron Truitt" wrote in message
I have a Griz finish nailer. I seem to have trouble driving the long 2
inch nails but it does OK with the shorter ones.

What kind of trouble? Nails deflecting? Not going all the way in? Bending?

George E. Cawthon

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:50:26 -0400, the opaque "Walsh"
spake:

anyone have experience with Grizzly finish nailers? I was thumbing through
the latest catalog and saw their 15ga angled finish nailer for $99 -
comparables from Dewalt and PC run between $150-$200. This would just be for
"recreational" use in a home shop.

For "rec" use, why not get one of the $15 Harbor Fright 18ga nailers?

-- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. --

There is a lot of difference between 15 gauge
finished nails and 18 gauge brads.
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 06:04:25 GMT, the opaque "George E. Cawthon"
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:50:26 -0400, the opaque "Walsh"
spake:

anyone have experience with Grizzly finish nailers? I was thumbing through
the latest catalog and saw their 15ga angled finish nailer for $99 -
comparables from Dewalt and PC run between $150-$200. This would just be for
"recreational" use in a home shop.

For "rec" use, why not get one of the $15 Harbor Fright 18ga nailers?

There is a lot of difference between 15 gauge
finished nails and 18 gauge brads.

I mentioned the 18ga for two reasons. First, it's 1/7th the price.
Second, since he wants a -finish- nailer, 18ga or smaller is the way
to go. 15ga puts a bigger honkin' hole in the wood. There should be no
significant difference for "recreational" use.

Besides, I HATE large "finish" nails, having had to remove trim from
built-in furniture in several houses and having had several pieces
break on me. sigh

-----
= Dain Bramaged...but having lots of fun! =
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
George E. Cawthon

Larry Jaques wrote:

[...]

I have a HF 18 gauge brad nailer and it works well
(the one I have takes brads less than 1-1/2" long.
There are many occasions, however, when I wish I
had a nailer that takes 1-3/4" to 2" nails. An
18 gage brad nailer won't nail a 3/4" piece to
another piece worth a damn. Still need that old 3
times the thickness rule for good nailing.
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:29:34 GMT, the opaque "George E. Cawthon"
spake:

I said:
Besides, I HATE large "finish" nails, having had to remove trim from
built-in furniture in several houses and having had several pieces
break on me. sigh

I have a HF 18 gauge brad nailer and it works well
(the one I have takes brads less than 1-1/2" long.
There are many occasions, however, when I wish I
had a nailer that takes 1-3/4" to 2" nails. An
18 gage brad nailer won't nail a 3/4" piece to
another piece worth a damn. Still need that old 3
times the thickness rule for good nailing.

So don't lament: Grab a 46309, on sale -now- for $19.99.

-----
= Dain Bramaged...but having lots of fun! =
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

RonB

So don't lament: Grab a 46309, on sale -now- for $19.99.

I have mentioned this here before. I ran into a fellow about a year ago who
started a finish trimming business with a couple of HF nailers - (#18 brad
and #15 finish). He figured they would get him through the cash-strapped
part of starting up. He said he always mentioned them in an apologetic
manner but the #^!*@ things wouldn't wear out. He showed them to me and
they were a little beat up but he said they always worked for him.

Ron Truitt

Not going all the way in even though the air compressor had a full
charge, sometimes sticking in the gun requiring alot of fancy footwork
to get the gun off the nail. I don't seem to have this problem with the
shorter nails though.

The nails came with the gun and are the same angle as the ones I buy at
the air tool shop.

RonT

George E. Cawthon

I said:

Besides, I HATE large "finish" nails, having had to remove trim from
built-in furniture in several houses and having had several pieces
break on me. sigh

I have a HF 18 gauge brad nailer and it works well
(the one I have takes brads less than 1-1/2" long.
There are many occasions, however, when I wish I
had a nailer that takes 1-3/4" to 2" nails. An
18 gage brad nailer won't nail a 3/4" piece to
another piece worth a damn. Still need that old 3
times the thickness rule for good nailing.

So don't lament: Grab a 46309, on sale -now- for $19.99.

-----
= Dain Bramaged...but having lots of fun! =
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

You would mention that! I need SPACE!
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 04:34:29 GMT, the opaque "George E. Cawthon"
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote:
So don't lament: Grab a 46309, on sale -now- for $19.99.

You would mention that! I need SPACE!

So sell the old one on Ebay. Bids might even go up to $30. beg

-----
= Dain Bramaged...but having lots of fun! =
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Patrick Conroy

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

So don't lament: Grab a 46309, on sale -now- for $19.99.

Agreed - The 46309 is the one to get! Especially at that price. Was using
mine this morning. I have a PC framing nailer, a PC 16g finish, and two HF
guns. They all work quite well! No jams yet.