Richard Cranium

Default Floor nozzle for old wet dry vac

I have a 30 plus year old Craftsman wet dry vac with a 2-1/2" dia hose
and I need a new floor nozzle for it. I can't seem to find one like
the one I have and like.

The one I have has the short bristle brush across the front edge and a
small wheel at each rear edge. All of the new nozzles I've found have
short bristles all the way around and no wheels.

Does anyone know if the one from the good ole days is still available
anywhere?

Thanks
R.C.
trainfan1

Richard Cranium wrote:

I have a 30 plus year old Craftsman wet dry vac with a 2-1/2" dia hose
and I need a new floor nozzle for it. I can't seem to find one like
the one I have and like.

The one I have has the short bristle brush across the front edge and a
small wheel at each rear edge. All of the new nozzles I've found have
short bristles all the way around and no wheels.

Does anyone know if the one from the good ole days is still available
anywhere?

Thanks
R.C.

Model #? Sears probably still has 'em:

http://www3.sears.com/

I like the Rigid vac tools at HD. I can't remember what the floor tool
looks like, but I'm sure it doesn't have wheels.

Rob
Richard Cranium

Unfortunately the vac died several years ago and I replaced it with a
Shop Vac unit. I'v still been using the old floor nozzle because I
like it better than the new Shop Vac tools.

I've been back to Sears but they only carry the new style tool :-(

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:48:58 -0400, trainfan1
wrote:

Model #? Sears probably still has 'em:

http://www3.sears.com/

I like the Rigid vac tools at HD. I can't remember what the floor tool
looks like, but I'm sure it doesn't have wheels.

Rob

trainfan1

Richard Cranium wrote:

Unfortunately the vac died several years ago and I replaced it with a
Shop Vac unit. I'v still been using the old floor nozzle because I
like it better than the new Shop Vac tools.

I've been back to Sears but they only carry the new style tool :-(

Sears probably still has the original style with wheels, but you have to
have the model number or one close in age & style, or a part number, to
check at:

http://www3.sears.com

And you won't find that nozzle at any store, you would have to order it
through the above Sears website or at a Sears service center. With a
model number or part number, you can get an exploded diagram too.

Is there anyone in this group who has an older Sears Vac w/ a model
number or manual to help this guy out?

Rob

Richard Cranium

Trainfan,

I just went back to the website you listed and sent them an inquiry
for the unknown part number. Maybe they will be able to find the
model no. or part number or diagram or something.

Thanks again,
R.C.