igor

Default looking for type of cabinet catch/latch

I am looking for something like a bullet catch, but when the bullet is
pushed in I want a pin/bolt to be pushed out the opposite end.

I want to interlock 2 cabinet doors through a center stile - so that when
one door is closed the other one cannot open. If it exists, the kind of
latch/catch described should do the trick. I've spent an hour searching
froogle/google on "pin latch", "spring plunger", "bullet catch", "spring
bolt", and others, to no avail.

I did find a "hand retractable spring plunger" which is in the ballpark,
but it has an L-shaped handle opposite the plunger and I need a straight
pin.

Any help out there? Does this exist? Name? Source? TIA. -- Igor
loutent

In article , igor
wrote:

I am looking for something like a bullet catch, but when the bullet is
pushed in I want a pin/bolt to be pushed out the opposite end.

I want to interlock 2 cabinet doors through a center stile - so that when
one door is closed the other one cannot open. If it exists, the kind of
latch/catch described should do the trick. I've spent an hour searching
froogle/google on "pin latch", "spring plunger", "bullet catch", "spring
bolt", and others, to no avail.

I did find a "hand retractable spring plunger" which is in the ballpark,
but it has an L-shaped handle opposite the plunger and I need a straight
pin.

Any help out there? Does this exist? Name? Source? TIA. -- Igor

Hi Igor,

About 5 years ago, I built a saddle storage cabinet for my
niece who was/is boarding her horse a a local stable. It
needed to have 2 doors that locked and since the cabinet was
about 4 ft tall x 4 ft wide x 2.5 ft deep, it had a center stile
(and a divider support also).

My solution was a little primitive in that I simply attached
a barrel bolt lock to the inside of one of the doors (the left in
this case). This way, there is just one padlock on the outside.

Not a solution for fine furniture tho.

Lou
Tim

"igor" wrote in message
I am looking for something like a bullet catch, but when the bullet is
pushed in I want a pin/bolt to be pushed out the opposite end.

I want to interlock 2 cabinet doors through a center stile - so that when
one door is closed the other one cannot open. If it exists, the kind of
latch/catch described should do the trick. I've spent an hour searching
froogle/google on "pin latch", "spring plunger", "bullet catch", "spring
bolt", and others, to no avail.

I did find a "hand retractable spring plunger" which is in the ballpark,
but it has an L-shaped handle opposite the plunger and I need a straight
pin.

Any help out there? Does this exist? Name? Source? TIA. -- Igor

Library Catch
Lee Valley
http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...15&cat=3,41399

Tim

Nate Perkins

igor wrote in
:

Any help out there? Does this exist? Name? Source? TIA. -- Igor

How about something like this?

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,250,43298

Probably not exactly what you're after but maybe something like this could
be modified to work.

Tim

It looks like there is a fair distance between the bolts. Would depend on
the width of the stile. Probably could recess half the thickness of the
beveled bolt if needed if needed. Or use a false stile if the doors are
overlay.