bronzzy

Default wrong impression

I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message. I hope in
helping people that I learn more about woodworking. It also bothers me the
fact that everyone seems to thing that I'm male and just trying to be cocky.
I'm am not a male I'm a female. I'm in woodworking for the love of the
trade. I'm not out to prove anything by offering my knowledge. I simply
hope that by helping people I learn more about woodworking

Hax Planx

bronzzy says...

I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message. I hope in
helping people that I learn more about woodworking. It also bothers me the
fact that everyone seems to thing that I'm male and just trying to be cocky.
I'm am not a male I'm a female. I'm in woodworking for the love of the
trade. I'm not out to prove anything by offering my knowledge. I simply
hope that by helping people I learn more about woodworking

No introductions, explanations or life history is necessary. This is
Usenet. Just find a thread that interests you and jump in. That's what
everybody else does. If you are wrong, chances are somebody will let
you know. If you are right, you won't get any credit for it. Welcome
to Usenet.
Never Enough Money

bronzzy said:
I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message.....
It also bothers me the fact that everyone seems to thing that I'm male
and just trying to be cocky. I'm am not a male I'm a female.

Hmm -- I read most of the thread and couldn't see any inferences to
your gender. Did I miss something?

bronzzy said:
I'm in woodworking for the love of the
trade. I'm not out to prove anything by offering my knowledge. I
simply
hope that by helping people I learn more about woodworking.

Excellent. You'll fit right in and welcome. Be forwarded though,
sometimes you must have thick skin to put up with some of the replies.
After awhile they become funny.

loutent

In article , bronzzy
wrote:

I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message. I hope in
helping people that I learn more about woodworking. It also bothers me the
fact that everyone seems to thing that I'm male and just trying to be cocky.
I'm am not a male I'm a female. I'm in woodworking for the love of the
trade. I'm not out to prove anything by offering my knowledge. I simply
hope that by helping people I learn more about woodworking

Hi Bronzzy,

I haven't read you're initial post except for the first
couple threads.

You can lurk & learn a lot. Add your 2 cents if you can
help someone. When you are a senior, you may
get a little respect - in three years...

Happy woodworking!

Lou
Robatoy

In article ,
"bronzzy" wrote:

I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message. I hope in
helping people that I learn more about woodworking. It also bothers me the
fact that everyone seems to thing that I'm male and just trying to be cocky.

Cockiness knows no gender.

I'm am not a male I'm a female. I'm in woodworking for the love of the
trade. I'm not out to prove anything by offering my knowledge. I simply
hope that by helping people I learn more about woodworking

Male or female, a little respect for the experience in here wouldn't
hurt. If you have something to contribute, await your turn when a
question is tabled for which you have an answer/suggestion. It is
possible that you have a solution that none of the contributors in here
have thought of. When that happens, we'll be all ears.
Meanwhile, pull up a chair and start taking notes, Rookie. G

joey

I know a guy that has been WWing for 1.5 yrs he started in a hand tool
class and recently completed a class making a Maloof style rocking chair
that is a really fine piece of furniture. I have 15+ WWing building
cabinets, night tables, chairs etc.. I have never tackled something like a
Maloof chair. I have recently added sharpening knowledge, planes,
spokeshaves etc to my tool box This guy can has given me some tips on hand
tool usage
So ya never know what some what may have to offer
Joey

"bronzzy" wrote in message
I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message. I hope

in
helping people that I learn more about woodworking. It also bothers me

the
fact that everyone seems to thing that I'm male and just trying to be

cocky.
I'm am not a male I'm a female. I'm in woodworking for the love of the
trade. I'm not out to prove anything by offering my knowledge. I simply
hope that by helping people I learn more about woodworking

tom

bronzzy wrote: I think some people got the wrong impression to my last
message.snip Not all of
us! But, I did ask you a question, and still hope for a reply. Tom

Greg O

"bronzzy" wrote in message
I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message.

Don't let it get to you, I was just jerking your chain. I am sure it is
possible you may have something to offer, but as you hang around here you
will find some of these guys have allot of talent, ability and knowledge.
Many are just good ol' boys that live next door that think they know
something about wood dorking, I belong in the second group!
Greg

Mike

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:25:07 -0400, "bronzzy"
wrote:

I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message. I hope in
helping people that I learn more about woodworking. It also bothers me the
fact that everyone seems to thing that I'm male and just trying to be cocky.
I'm am not a male I'm a female. I'm in woodworking for the love of the
trade. I'm not out to prove anything by offering my knowledge. I simply
hope that by helping people I learn more about woodworking

Bronnzy,
although some here (including myself) may have assumed
your were male, I don't think any of us believe that your gender makes
any difference.
You may have noticed that participating in these newsgroups sometimes
requires a thick skin. Don't let it bother you.
If you want to help, just jump in where you can. There's room for
everyone.

Mike O.

charlie b

Welcome to the zoo/ semi-wild wild west/ Usenet and specifically
to The Wreck. Quite a collection of woodworkers here with quite
a range of knowledge, skills and abilities and most very willing
to share what they've learned - for free (which is what I like
about the Net.) If you have an answer/solution to a problem/
question someone asks - answer away. And if you have a question
ask away - and ignore the flipant (sp?) responses - everyone
has a bad day once in a while and yes there are the rare PITA -
so please don't take it personally.

Some of the most informative threads began with a good
question.

Anway- welcome.

charlie b
Upscale

"bronzzy" wrote in message
I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message. I hope

in
helping people that I learn more about woodworking. It also bothers me

the
fact that everyone seems to thing that I'm male and just trying to be

cocky.
I'm am not a male I'm a female. I'm in woodworking for the love of the
trade. I'm not out to prove anything by offering my knowledge. I simply
hope that by helping people I learn more about woodworking

I wouldn't worry about it. They were just screwing around with you (your
message). It's what most of us (guys admittedly) like to do.

Jeff Gorman

"bronzzy" wrote

I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message. I hope in
helping people that I learn more about woodworking. It also bothers me the
fact that everyone seems to thing that I'm male and just trying to be
cocky. I'm am not a male I'm a female. I'm in woodworking for the love of
the trade. I'm not out to prove anything by offering my knowledge. I
simply hope that by helping people I learn more about woodworking

I've found that the best way to learn something is to teach it.

Jeff G

--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron

George

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"bronzzy" wrote:

[...]

Just about sums it up, doesn't it?

You'll find a lot of people here who read (or don't) the messenger rather
than the message. Don't let 'em get to you.

You'll also find some woodworkers here who will give your question a read
because they believe you want to learn something. Once they've taken the
time to reply, don't imply that they've wasted their time.

Leon

Welcome

How ever I think you may have gotten the wrong impression of us. Some of us
here are the best you can get and many of us are beginners like you.

"bronzzy" wrote in message
I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message. I hope in
helping people that I learn more about woodworking. It also bothers me the
fact that everyone seems to thing that I'm male and just trying to be
cocky. I'm am not a male I'm a female. I'm in woodworking for the love of
the trade. I'm not out to prove anything by offering my knowledge. I
simply hope that by helping people I learn more about woodworking

Robatoy

In article ,
"Greg O" wrote:

Many are just good ol' boys that live next door that think they know
something about wood dorking, I belong in the second group!
Greg

Someone in this NG has a tag-line I like:

(I'm assuming it's about a wooddorker and not about a white supremacist
gay drug dealing serial rapist.)

"Every neighbourhood has one.
In mine, I'm him."
mac davis

wrote:

I think some people got the wrong impression to my last message. I hope in
helping people that I learn more about woodworking. It also bothers me the
fact that everyone seems to thing that I'm male and just trying to be cocky.
I'm am not a male I'm a female. I'm in woodworking for the love of the
trade. I'm not out to prove anything by offering my knowledge. I simply
hope that by helping people I learn more about woodworking

not a problem... I think that you saw an example of the humorus/smart ass
replies that we know and love here.. *g*

Beside, I used to chat with a lady that went by "Bronzzy", so I like ya
already.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

*HMFIC@1369*

Yeah take everything with a grain of salt and a good laugh. You'll learn to
love the trolls!

Hmm I'll give you one better, College kid with knowledge and heart.... Don't
waste anytime here, unless you need help. Don't waste your time helping
anyone here, we're all beyond any help or hope.

I'll suggest this.......... Contact Habitats for Humanity and volunteer your
ass off. I've learned everything from ground up, from gutting to ripping
plumbing to electrical and had a young woman even show me how to build a
rock wall.... I've got to work with some of the wealthiest, finest Americans
(some who actually are really stupid and arrogant) But we all put in to make
someone's life better!