bronzzy

Default New member

Hi, I just started with these woodworking newsgroups and they are of
interest to me. I'm currently a student taking woodworking in college. And
I would love to offer my knowledge as best I can. so if you have any
questions feel free to ask. I have about one years experience in woodworking
so far and I know that doesn't seem like a lot but I've learned so much.
talk to you later
bronzzy

Odinn

On 6/12/2005 9:19 AM stoutman mumbled something about the following:
I have a general question about wood:

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a
woodchuck could chuck wood.

Ooops, sorry, I'm not the OP that this question was posed to.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshipped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Swingman

"Odinn" wrote in message
On 6/12/2005 9:19 AM stoutman mumbled something about the following:
I have a general question about wood:

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a
woodchuck could chuck wood.

.... and it takes about twenty years experience to learn that and you still
don't know ****.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05

Edwin Pawlowski

"Swingman" wrote in message

... and it takes about twenty years experience to learn that and you still
don't know ****.

And as I learn more, I find how little I really know.

Bob Schmall

bronzzy wrote:
Hi, I just started with these woodworking newsgroups and they are of
interest to me. I'm currently a student taking woodworking in college. And
I would love to offer my knowledge as best I can. so if you have any
questions feel free to ask. I have about one years experience in woodworking
so far and I know that doesn't seem like a lot but I've learned so much.
talk to you later
bronzzy

Bronzzy:
If you've been lurking you know that there is a great deal of knowledge
in the newsgroup that is being shared. Welcome to the pool--dive in
whenever you'd like.

Bob
tom

bronzzy wrote: Hi, I just started with these woodworking newsgroups and
they are of
interest to me. I'm currently a student taking woodworking in college.
And
I would love to offer my knowledge as best I can. so if you have any
questions feel free to ask. I have about one years experience in
woodworking
so far and I know that doesn't seem like a lot but I've learned so
much.
talk to you later
bronzzy

Have you ever made any rail and stile cabinet doors with glass as the
panel, and fake muntins, creating a divided light look? How might you
attach the pane to the doors for easy replacement when and if they
break? Thanks. Tom

Robatoy

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message

... and it takes about twenty years experience to learn that and you still
don't know ****.

And as I learn more, I find how little I really know.

and yet, when I see a newby approach a problem, I realize how much I
have learned over the years...but hen again..back to what you're
saying..there are still a ****load of mistakes that haven't been made
yet.
Greg O

"bronzzy" wrote in message
Hi, I just started with these woodworking newsgroups and they are of
interest to me. I'm currently a student taking woodworking in college.
And I would love to offer my knowledge as best I can. so if you have any
questions feel free to ask. I have about one years experience in
woodworking so far and I know that doesn't seem like a lot but I've
learned so much.
talk to you later
bronzzy

You have one year in woodworking and you are here to offer your knowledge to
us?! I have done woodworking for thirty years and still don't have the balls
to make that offer!
I think you need to sit back read the group and relax, some of the old
timers around here may teach you a thing or two. Share what you can, but the
combined knowledge here is mind boggling!
For example check this site out!
http://www.plamann.com/sys-tmpl/door/
Greg

jo4hn

Robatoy wrote:

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message

... and it takes about twenty years experience to learn that and you still
don't know ****.

And as I learn more, I find how little I really know.

and yet, when I see a newby approach a problem, I realize how much I
have learned over the years...but hen again..back to what you're
saying..there are still a ****load of mistakes that haven't been made
yet.

And a few more that you made years ago that you will make again.
drat, doggone, and #)&(%^!$#
jo4hn
Dave in Fairfax

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
And as I learn more, I find how little I really know.

See, I'm lucky. I've got a teenage daughter who's ALWAYS willing to
explanin to me just how little I know about any given subject.

Dave in Fairfax (looking for those gypsies you always hear about)
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
Morris Dovey

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Swingman" wrote in message

... and it takes about twenty years experience to learn that and you

still
don't know ****.

And as I learn more, I find how little I really know.

Well, yes. I've discovered that my ignorance is growing rapidly and without
bound. At the current rate, in a few years I'll have advanced to the point
where I know nothing at all... d-:

--
Morris

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
stoutman .@. wrote:
I have a general question about wood:

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

There is an authoritative USENET answer for this question, available from the
USENET Oracle.

Inquire of the Oracle via e-mail at . Proceed at your
own risk.

confirmation available at: http://cgi.cs.indiana.edu/~oracle/index.cgi

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Dave in Fairfax reply-to, disabled, 2, stop, spam wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
And as I learn more, I find how little I really know.

See, I'm lucky. I've got a teenage daughter who's ALWAYS willing to
explanin to me just how little I know about any given subject.

Patience, Dave.

Mark Twain once allegedly said: "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was
so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got
to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."

Dave in Fairfax

Robert Bonomi wrote:
Patience, Dave.
Mark Twain once allegedly said: "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was
so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got
to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."

She's from the 2nd marriage. I'm getin to old to have a whole lot of
patience. Gettin' to be more patients. %-)

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.patinatools.com
Duane Bozarth

tom wrote:

bronzzy wrote: Hi, I just started with these woodworking newsgroups and
they are of
interest to me. I'm currently a student taking woodworking in college.
And
I would love to offer my knowledge as best I can. so if you have any
questions feel free to ask. I have about one years experience in
woodworking
so far and I know that doesn't seem like a lot but I've learned so
much.
talk to you later
bronzzy

Have you ever made any rail and stile cabinet doors with glass as the
panel, and fake muntins, creating a divided light look? How might you
attach the pane to the doors for easy replacement when and if they
break? Thanks. Tom

No, I'd make real muntins for separate lights...but, I'd use a small
quarter mould to hold the glass, fastened w/ brads
Patriarch

"Greg O" wrote in
:

You have one year in woodworking and you are here to offer your
knowledge to us?! I have done woodworking for thirty years and still
don't have the balls to make that offer!

Aisle 6, the rack near the wall. All it takes is cash, right? ;-)
tom

Duane wrote: No, I'd make real muntins for separate lights...but, I'd
use a small
quarter mould to hold the glass, fastened w/ brads

Hmm. So you're sayin' quarter-round and brads. Okay, thanks. Tom

Robatoy

In article . net,
jo4hn wrote:

#)&(%^!$#

THAT one was a doozy (Deusy)
Tom Watson

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 07:39:54 -0400, "bronzzy"
wrote:

Hi, I just started with these woodworking newsgroups and they are of
interest to me. I'm currently a student taking woodworking in college. And
I would love to offer my knowledge as best I can. so if you have any
questions feel free to ask. I have about one years experience in woodworking
so far and I know that doesn't seem like a lot but I've learned so much.
talk to you later
bronzzy

Bronzzy:

"You Bold Brazen Article!"

Sr. Mary Benzedrine, Saint Agnes School, Grade Five. c. 1960.

Seriously though, I remember when I first discovered that I had a 'new
member' and sought to show it off in roughly the same way.

BTW - A survey was done of this NG awhile back and found that the
average age was in the fifties and the average number of years
experience in wooddorking was about twenty something, if I recall
correctly.

Good luck with your new member! g

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)
Dave Balderstone

In article , Greg O
wrote:

You have one year in woodworking and you are here to offer your knowledge to
us?! I have done woodworking for thirty years and still don't have the balls
to make that offer!

Why not?

It's entirely possible that someone who's been 'dorking for a year
would have learned something I don't know.

OTOH, if the OP wants to be a regular on the wreck this is a perfect
trial by fire.

http://www.vansonleathers.com/product_pages/suits/drivers_suits.htm

djb

One site: http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww linkshttp://www.woodenwabbits.com
Dave Balderstone

In article , Tom Watson
wrote:

BTW - A survey was done of this NG awhile back and found that the
average age was in the fifties and the average number of years
experience in wooddorking was about twenty something, if I recall
correctly.

Voluntary surveys have no reliability...

But that doesn't mean I disbelieve the results of this one. ;-)

One site: http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww linkshttp://www.woodenwabbits.com
Tom Watson

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:19:06 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Tom Watson
wrote:

BTW - A survey was done of this NG awhile back and found that the
average age was in the fifties and the average number of years
experience in wooddorking was about twenty something, if I recall
correctly.

Voluntary surveys have no reliability...

But that doesn't mean I disbelieve the results of this one. ;-)

Dave, do you remember the link to that survey?

I'll admit to its lack of empirical credentials but it was sorta
interesting.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ (website)

Buddy Matlosz

wrote:

Hi, I just started with these woodworking newsgroups and they are of
interest to me. I'm currently a student taking woodworking in college.

And
I would love to offer my knowledge as best I can. so if you have any
questions feel free to ask. I have about one years experience in

woodworking
so far and I know that doesn't seem like a lot but I've learned so much.
talk to you later
bronzzy

Bronzzy:

"You Bold Brazen Article!"

Sr. Mary Benzedrine, Saint Agnes School, Grade Five. c. 1960.

OMG, also Sister Florence Catherine, St. Mary of the Assumption School,
Grade Five, c. 1963.

B.

Greg O

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"Greg O" wrote in
:

You have one year in woodworking and you are here to offer your
knowledge to us?! I have done woodworking for thirty years and still
don't have the balls to make that offer!

Aisle 6, the rack near the wall. All it takes is cash, right? ;-)

Thanks! I missed them the first time down the isle! I expected to see them
hanging slightly lower than waist high, wasn't looking up there!
Now that I have my own set of balls, any wood dorking questions I can
answer? Tom P? Anybody?
Greg

Greg O

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
tone.ca...
In article , Greg O
wrote:

You have one year in woodworking and you are here to offer your knowledge
us?! I have done woodworking for thirty years and still don't have the
balls
to make that offer!

Why not?

It's entirely possible that someone who's been 'dorking for a year
would have learned something I don't know.

Sure, no doubt he might, but if I would have to pick the OP over the rest of
the group...............
Greg

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:02:27 -0400, the inscrutable "Buddy Matlosz"
spake:

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

Bronzzy:

"You Bold Brazen Article!"

Sr. Mary Benzedrine, Saint Agnes School, Grade Five. c. 1960.

OMG, also Sister Florence Catherine, St. Mary of the Assumption School,
Grade Five, c. 1963.

My bestest teacher ever was Miss Hankins, Trinity Cathedral School,
Grade Two, Little Rock, AR, ca. 1960. It was my only year of religious
school and I don't recall if she was a Sister or not. I just loved
her. (Oh, right. She couldn't have been a nun, huh?
---
Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.
Lee Michaels

"Greg O" wrote in message

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"Greg O" wrote in
:

You have one year in woodworking and you are here to offer your
knowledge to us?! I have done woodworking for thirty years and still
don't have the balls to make that offer!

Aisle 6, the rack near the wall. All it takes is cash, right? ;-)

Thanks! I missed them the first time down the isle! I expected to see them
hanging slightly lower than waist high, wasn't looking up there!
Now that I have my own set of balls, any wood dorking questions I can
answer? Tom P? Anybody?
Greg

If you really want to grant yourself some kind of authority on the basis of
balls, you need to get a pair of bull balls!!

http://www.bullsballs.com/

These are the balls of real men!

(Or at least, their trucks!)

Duane Bozarth

tom wrote:

Duane wrote: No, I'd make real muntins for separate lights...but, I'd
use a small
quarter mould to hold the glass, fastened w/ brads

Hmm. So you're sayin' quarter-round and brads. Okay, thanks. Tom

just 'til the glue dries...

For the situation you describe, yes. One would presume that the number
of times one will need to replace a pane would be limited so that
removing brads will be a relatively rare occerrence.
mac davis

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:19:29 GMT, "stoutman" .@. wrote:

I have a general question about wood:

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

If I remember correctly, it depends a lot on the size of the chuck key..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 17:55:50 GMT, Dave in Fairfax wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
And as I learn more, I find how little I really know.

See, I'm lucky. I've got a teenage daughter who's ALWAYS willing to
explanin to me just how little I know about any given subject.

Dave in Fairfax (looking for those gypsies you always hear about)

well, teenagers in general know EVERYTHING, Dave, but teen age girls are
special..

you know how many teen girls it takes to screw in a light bulb?

just one, she holds the bulb and the whole world revolves around her..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Dave in Fairfax

mac davis wrote:
well, teenagers in general know EVERYTHING, Dave, but teen age girls are
special..
you know how many teen girls it takes to screw in a light bulb?
just one, she holds the bulb and the whole world revolves around her..

Cute, I'll tell her that one and see what she has to say.

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.patinatools.com
Bruce Barnett

wrote:

I would love to offer my knowledge as best I can. so if you have any
questions feel free to ask.

Perhaps you can help me. Bronzzy. I've been trying to get my 1950 cast
iron Henweigh aligned. I really like it, but it's not cutting
right. I've adjusted it as best I could, but it's still off.

Any advice?

Dave in Fairfax

Doug Miller wrote:
I gotta remember that one. I have a couple of friends with teenage daughters.
I'm sure they'll identify with it.

Well, I just passed that on to my daughter as promised. She said,
"None, that's what boys are for."

I'm freekin' dooooomed,
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
daveldr at att dot net
American Association of Woodturners
http://www.woodturner.org
Capital Area Woodturners
http://www.capwoodturners.org/
PATINA
http://www.patinatools.com

Patriarch

"rickluce" wrote in news:1118718263.391808.276280
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

OK, I'll ask it...What'sa "henweigh"????

'bout 4 lbs.
rickluce

Patriarch...are you from the Sonoma county area?