Bruce T

Default Ari Compressor Replacement Tank

I have an old (~30 years) Sears compressor--about 15 gal, horizontal tank,
wheeled--that has finally developed a leak in the tank (rust through). I'd
really like to simply replace the tank, but the unit is so old Sears doesn't
seem to have it in their database. Has anyone tried rebuilding a compressor
by replacing the tank and if so, where does one obtain the replacement tank?

Thanks

BruceT

Andy Dingley

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:30:48 -0400, "Bruce T"
wrote:

where does one obtain the replacement tank?

Any compressor shop. Spare parts are common, even major ones. You're
likely to need some new pipe and fittings too, because things won't be
in the same place.

If your old compressor isn't direct drive, then don't throw the old tank
away until you've checked that you can mount the compressor and motor
suitably. You may even need to cut the top off the old tank to re-use it
as a bracket!

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:30:48 -0400, the inscrutable "Bruce T"
spake:

I have an old (~30 years) Sears compressor--about 15 gal, horizontal tank,
wheeled--that has finally developed a leak in the tank (rust through). I'd
really like to simply replace the tank, but the unit is so old Sears doesn't
seem to have it in their database. Has anyone tried rebuilding a compressor
by replacing the tank and if so, where does one obtain the replacement tank?

If you're anywhere near Southern Oregon, give me a call. I have a
little compressor on a 20gal tank. You can have the whole shebang
for $50. The pump makes noise starting about 20psi and I was going
to rebuild it but bought new instead. I think it was in a brake shop
before someone put a 1hp Crapsman motor on it. ( diversify . com )

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

Pressure tank Mike Home Repair 9 March 26th 05 07:36 PM
cheap water tank needed ! TURTLE Home Repair 23 March 10th 05 12:22 PM
preparing a propane tank for reusal .. pix Grant Erwin Metalworking 5 January 26th 05 05:54 PM
DIY Heat Bank/Thermal Store system? (longish) Gordon Henderson UK diy 4 January 26th 05 07:32 AM
Waterlogged well pressure tank David Efflandt Home Repair 10 May 3rd 04 09:09 PM