Bruce T

Thanks, but I'm in Southwestern PA, pretty far from Oregon (although I was
there last summer for a few weeks).

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:30:48 -0400, the inscrutable "Bruce T"
spake:

I have an old (~30 years) Sears compressor--about 15 gal, horizontal tank,
wheeled--that has finally developed a leak in the tank (rust through).
I'd
really like to simply replace the tank, but the unit is so old Sears
doesn't
seem to have it in their database. Has anyone tried rebuilding a
compressor
by replacing the tank and if so, where does one obtain the replacement
tank?

If you're anywhere near Southern Oregon, give me a call. I have a
little compressor on a 20gal tank. You can have the whole shebang
for $50. The pump makes noise starting about 20psi and I was going
to rebuild it but bought new instead. I think it was in a brake shop
before someone put a 1hp Crapsman motor on it. ( diversify . com )

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming