Default Ammonia Fuming Experiment

I finally started the ammonia fuming experiment discussed earlier (26%
blueprint vs household). The results will be posted at this website
http://musial.ws/ammonia_experiment.htm and updated as fuming
progresses.

Yep - I wasn't able to take anything out this morning so the next ones
will be out at 24 hours.

Kurt

" wrote in
oups.com:

I finally started the ammonia fuming experiment discussed earlier (26%
blueprint vs household). The results will be posted at this website
http://musial.ws/ammonia_experiment.htm and updated as fuming
progresses.

Thanks for your work. I am unfamiliar with this process, but is there
a reason other than showing a likely final finish for applying the Watco
after the fuming? And did applying the Watco change the appearance to any
great extent from that gotten by just fuming?

Kurt

Prior to the Watco being put on, the wood doesn't show its true color -
it's a kind of greyish-green. You can put on Watco, shellac, etc. or
if you just want to test the color, you can use mineral spirits, turps,
etc. I'll be posting 24 hour results either tonite or tomorrow
morning.

Fuming lyptus Steve M. Woodworking 7 January 12th 05 11:13 PM
Fuming Cherry? Dave Jackson Woodworking 4 November 28th 04 09:44 AM
ammonia Pete Woodworking 4 May 24th 04 11:48 AM
Ammonia type refrigerator Jon Elson Metalworking 6 May 6th 04 05:10 PM
Evaporation point for Ammonia? David F. Eisan Woodworking 15 November 10th 03 07:09 AM