TheNewGuy

Default What kind of joinery used in this chair?

Thoughts, ideas? :^)

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050525/i...1067430416.jpg

-Chris

Charley

Looks like standard chair type mortice and tenon to me. The picture is a bit
hard to see though.

--
Charley

"TheNewGuy" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thoughts, ideas? :^)

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050525/i...1067430416.jpg

-Chris

On 25 May 2005 10:11:06 -0700, "TheNewGuy"
wrote:

Thoughts, ideas? :^)

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050525/i...1067430416.jpg

-Chris

that picture doesn't give much of a shot of the inside. if I was
building that chair I'd want to get some heavy bolts inside the
jointery. there's a lot of leverage acting on those joints.
TheNewGuy

Yeah, but it's really more of a construction job than a
furniture-making job; this chair needn't be load-bearing - who is gonna
sit on it? :^)

Still, it'd be fascinating to see in-person; I couldn't find a
large/better picture of it with limited Googling.