Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
John Anderson

Default Finally found one!

I received a call from a friend of mine who was settling his
father-in-law's estate. It seemed that there were some tools in his
garage and my friend had no clue (a) what the were, and (b) what the
value would be.

It turns out that his father-in-law had a couple of pretty decent tools.
1 - Rockwell Unisaw with original fence and miter gauge,
1 - Rockwell 16" variable speed drill press,
1 - Delta 6" jointer (open-base)

He asked how much each was worth - given that this was a friend, I had
to bite my tongue and tell him what I really thought they were worth -
not what I would like to buy them for! grin I did tell him that if he
decided to sell, I would like to have a shot at them.

Two months later, he is selling the house and needs the basement cleaned
out. He told me that I could have them at $100 each! I think that I
might have broken a speed limit or two getting up there to load up!

I am most excited about finally getting a unisaw (needs some TLC and a
new cord) which I have been wanting for years. Good things do come to
those who wait!

Damp found by Surveyor Carolyn UK diy 18 May 23rd 05 12:23 AM
Found a Gold mine in NJ Garfield Lumber and Millwork! .HMFIC@1369 Woodworking 2 May 20th 05 12:41 AM
Duct Cleaning - SPORES Found April Buro Home Repair 11 April 20th 05 03:19 AM
Wooden Floors andrewpreece UK diy 6 November 17th 04 11:03 PM
Very OT - recovering data from a Compact Flash card David W.E. Roberts UK diy 17 May 10th 04 10:29 PM