C & M

Default To the moderator

I just posted a reply to 'router and raised panels ?s' which was posted by
'habbi'. I should have posted directly to 'toller' rather than to the
entire group and have it look like I was chewing him out in front of
everyone. I don't like discention and contention. I'd appreciate it if you
could stop that post.
Later,
Chiz

Guess who

On Sat, 21 May 2005 19:09:16 -0700, David wrote:

There is no moderator! Once you hit send, you gotta live with the
words you wrote.

Not necessarily. You can cancel your usenet message, and before it is
read if you act quickly enough.

David

I've cancelled a few of my messages within seconds when I realized I
wanted to start all over with a new message. I'd get responses to the
"cancelled" message, even though it disappeared from my newsreader's
screen. So now I try harder to compose more carefully.

Dave

Guess who wrote:

On Sat, 21 May 2005 19:09:16 -0700, David wrote:

There is no moderator! Once you hit send, you gotta live with the
words you wrote.

Not necessarily. You can cancel your usenet message, and before it is
read if you act quickly enough.

Mark & Juanita

On Sat, 21 May 2005 21:29:48 -0400, "C & M" wrote:

I just posted a reply to 'router and raised panels ?s' which was posted by
'habbi'. I should have posted directly to 'toller' rather than to the
entire group and have it look like I was chewing him out in front of
everyone. I don't like discention and contention. I'd appreciate it if you
could stop that post.
Later,
Chiz

The cabal (there is no cabal) will get right on it.

Upscale

"Guess who" wrote in message

Not necessarily. You can cancel your usenet message, and before it is
read if you act quickly enough.

Some ISP's allow cancellation on their servers, but that won't cancel the
message when it has been echoed to a number of other servers out there. Most
messages are echoed out rather quickly.

bw

"C & M" wrote in message
I just posted a reply to 'router and raised panels ?s' which was posted by
'habbi'. I should have posted directly to 'toller' rather than to the
entire group and have it look like I was chewing him out in front of
everyone. I don't like discention and contention. I'd appreciate it if
you
could stop that post.
Later,
Chiz

Request denied.

Moderator

Dave Hinz

On Sat, 21 May 2005 20:13:34 -0700, David wrote:
I've cancelled a few of my messages within seconds when I realized I
wanted to start all over with a new message. I'd get responses to the
"cancelled" message, even though it disappeared from my newsreader's
screen. So now I try harder to compose more carefully.

Problem with that is, that due to more than a decade of cancel control
messages being abused, many newsservers don't honor them. So, truly,
once you pull the trigger, it's out there forever. Google _will_
have it.

Dave Hinz

wrote:

I don't like discention and contention. I'd appreciate it if you
could stop that post.

Doug?
Can you take care of this? G

Gosh...where's Vito to save us, at a time like this when we need him?

Doug Miller

wrote:

I don't like discention and contention. I'd appreciate it if you
could stop that post.

Doug?
Can you take care of this? G

Gosh...where's Vito to save us, at a time like this when we need him?

Last I heard, he was over at alt.usenet.kooks, complaining about his recent
Kook of the Month award... and of course the AUKers referred to his complaints
as his "acceptance speech"...

--
Regards,

Swingman

"Ba r r y" wrote in message

Doug?

Can you take care of this? G

Hell, all this time I thought BAD was the moderator.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05

Dave Hinz

On Sun, 22 May 2005 11:58:36 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Dave Hinz wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2005 11:00:01 GMT, Ba r r y

Doug?
Can you take care of this? G

Gosh...where's Vito to save us, at a time like this when we need him?

Last I heard, he was over at alt.usenet.kooks, complaining about his recent
Kook of the Month award... and of course the AUKers referred to his complaints
as his "acceptance speech"...

Priceless. And where better to have him expending his energies.

Doug Miller

In article , Woodchuck Bill wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote in
:

Vito has actually "won" 4 kook awards in total. He hasn't won Kook
Of The Month, (yet?)

My mistake. It was actually "Clueless Newbie of the Month".

but he has won the Six of Diamonds in the kook
card deck. One of the AUK guys made a Vito Kuhn FAQ page, and all of
his awards are listed there. The link is...

http://www.kookology.info/frito/

--
Regards,

Robatoy

I'm sorry to have to be the one to bring you this news.... but the
moderator of this NG was found dead in his workshop this morning.

The coroner said it was the worst case of belt-sander suicide he'd ever
seen.

The attending police officer mumbled something like " 36-grit...the
coward.."
Lee Michaels

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I'm sorry to have to be the one to bring you this news.... but the
moderator of this NG was found dead in his workshop this morning.

The coroner said it was the worst case of belt-sander suicide he'd ever
seen.

The attending police officer mumbled something like " 36-grit...the
coward.."

A true coward.

A true wood dorker whould have fallen on his pointy stick.

Or used a wooden plane.

gw

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I'm sorry to have to be the one to bring you this news.... but the
moderator of this NG was found dead in his workshop this morning.

The coroner said it was the worst case of belt-sander suicide he'd ever
seen.

The attending police officer mumbled something like " 36-grit...the
coward.."

A true coward.

A true wood dorker whould have fallen on his pointy stick.

Or used a wooden plane.

I'm sure you've seen the grisly pictures on Rotten.com of the guy who
committed suicide on his bandsaw (at work)? Drank a fifth of something and
pulled himself through it. Nice cut.

Robatoy

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I'm sorry to have to be the one to bring you this news.... but the
moderator of this NG was found dead in his workshop this morning.

The coroner said it was the worst case of belt-sander suicide he'd ever
seen.

The attending police officer mumbled something like " 36-grit...the
coward.."

A true coward.

A true wood dorker whould have fallen on his pointy stick.

Or used a wooden plane.

I'm sure you've seen the grisly pictures on Rotten.com of the guy who
committed suicide on his bandsaw (at work)? Drank a fifth of something and
pulled himself through it. Nice cut.

No..I haven't visited that site after the first time...*retch*

But..I did hear about the guy who threw himself in front of a
steamroller.
He survived.
He's in the local hospital in rooms 234, 235, 236.
Robatoy

In article ,
Robatoy wrote:

But..I did hear about the guy who threw himself in front of a
steamroller.
He survived.
He's in the local hospital in rooms 234, 235, 236.

His wife was asked what they should do with the body, should he die.
Her reply? "Just put him in an envelope and mail him home."
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
please stop me
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Robatoy wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, yeah. But the important question is: which color of underwear did he
wear *outside* his tights?

How else are we to know if this was Flatman, or Ribbon?

To Moderator General Lee UK diy 18 December 21st 04 01:07 AM
Test the new USENET VOTING SYSTEM Russ Woodworking 35 December 12th 04 04:38 PM
RFD: rec.woodworking.moderated moderated LRod Woodworking 90 September 17th 04 05:56 PM