Lobby Dosser

Default Amazon Customer Service!

My trusty Ryobi 12V drill recently had the second battery fail and, given
the prices for new or rebuilts, I was looking around for a new drill.
Settled on the Panasonic EY6105YQW 12V at Amazon for $89.99. Drill got
delivered yesterday and last night I was perusing Amazon's Friday Sale and
found the same drill for $74.99. Sent them an e-mail requesting a credit
for the difference and had a Positive response in less than seven hours!
I'm pretty impressed, especially considering the size of Amazon and the
number of orders and e-mails they must process.

Oh, the drill is great. Only one pound lighter than the Ryobi, but feels
like three pounds lighter. Much smaller overall. I hope it lives up to its
reputation. SWMBO is also very pleased with it.
Leon

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message

Oh, the drill is great. Only one pound lighter than the Ryobi, but feels
like three pounds lighter. Much smaller overall. I hope it lives up to its
reputation. SWMBO is also very pleased with it.

You have ruined yourself, ;~) You went from one end of the spectrum to the
other as far as drills are concerned.

Lobby Dosser

"Leon" wrote:

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message

Oh, the drill is great. Only one pound lighter than the Ryobi, but
feels like three pounds lighter. Much smaller overall. I hope it
lives up to its reputation. SWMBO is also very pleased with it.

You have ruined yourself, ;~)

I hope so! )

You went from one end of the spectrum
to the other as far as drills are concerned.

Yeah, but I think I paid almost as much for the Ryobi when it was new. It
served pretty well right up to the last gasp of the last battery. I think
the 'better' brands were going for $2-300 when I bought it.

BTW, the current price of the Panasonic at Amazon is $74.99.

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 20 May 2005 18:06:11 GMT, the inscrutable Lobby Dosser
spake:

My trusty Ryobi 12V drill recently had the second battery fail and, given
the prices for new or rebuilts, I was looking around for a new drill.
Settled on the Panasonic EY6105YQW 12V at Amazon for $89.99. Drill got
delivered yesterday and last night I was perusing Amazon's Friday Sale and
found the same drill for $74.99. Sent them an e-mail requesting a credit
for the difference and had a Positive response in less than seven hours!
I'm pretty impressed, especially considering the size of Amazon and the
number of orders and e-mails they must process.

Yeah, Customer Service from India is quite efficient.

Oh, the drill is great. Only one pound lighter than the Ryobi, but feels
like three pounds lighter. Much smaller overall. I hope it lives up to its
reputation. SWMBO is also very pleased with it.

Is that an impact driver or straight drill?

Save the Endangered Bouillons from being cubed!
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online
Lobby Dosser

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Fri, 20 May 2005 18:06:11 GMT, the inscrutable Lobby Dosser
spake:

My trusty Ryobi 12V drill recently had the second battery fail and,
given the prices for new or rebuilts, I was looking around for a new
drill. Settled on the Panasonic EY6105YQW 12V at Amazon for $89.99.
Drill got delivered yesterday and last night I was perusing Amazon's
Friday Sale and found the same drill for $74.99. Sent them an e-mail
requesting a credit for the difference and had a Positive response in
less than seven hours! I'm pretty impressed, especially considering
the size of Amazon and the number of orders and e-mails they must
process.

Yeah, Customer Service from India is quite efficient.

Could be. But they must at least allow decision making pretty far down
the food chain.

Oh, the drill is great. Only one pound lighter than the Ryobi, but
feels like three pounds lighter. Much smaller overall. I hope it lives
up to its reputation. SWMBO is also very pleased with it.

Is that an impact driver or straight drill?

Straight drill.

Larry Jaques

On Sat, 21 May 2005 02:04:01 GMT, the inscrutable Lobby Dosser
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote:
Yeah, Customer Service from India is quite efficient.

Could be. But they must at least allow decision making pretty far down
the food chain.

My recent experience with Amazon's CS is the opposite. When using MSIE
to view scanned pages of their books online, the browser now asks me
if I want to allow it to save data to the clipboard. Whether I answer
"yes" or "no", it then does nothing until I click the page again. If I
try to jump to another open window, it brings up that damned dialog
box and takes me back to IE. Amazon's CS says "Sorry, we don't do
browsers." I told them that it just started when they modified their
website to add the hover mechanism for the "Search this book" function
and that it behaves nicely in NN7 and Mozilla but not IE. ACS then
said "We'll look into it but don't do browsers, sorry." I then swapped
IE's home page to www.isbn.nu and set www,amazon.com as NN7's home
page. My main browser is Mozilla Firefox but I use the others on a
daily basis, too.

Is that an impact driver or straight drill?

Straight drill.

My next drill driver will be an upgrade to an impactor.

Save the Endangered Bouillons from being cubed!
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online
Glenn de Souza

Larry,

I think you're on the right track. Since I stepped up to the Makita Impact
driver with an extensive Craftsman set of hex shank drill and driver bits,
I've never looked back. The hammer action is great and you'll probably never
cam out a screw again.

Glenn