Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Robatoy

Default ****ed off at Home Depot. (Rant)

I was minding my own business some weeks ago, when I saw this nifty
cheap belt-sander by Black & Decker. I knew it would never have the duty
of my PC's, but it had one feature which attracted me to it. A very
small front roller. with a flip-up door so that one can get into small
tight corners. I felt I could use that feature sporadically so the
'duty' didn't concern me too much.

I take the thing home and leave it in the box till the time came I could
use that feature; the inside corner of a counter-top edge. ( Did I tell
you guys I fabricate solid surface counter tops?)
Well lemme tell ya...what a piece of crap. MUCH worse than what I
expected. I KNEW it wasn't a 'pro' piece, but come-ON!!
The thing shuddered, and sounded like the bearings were spinning,
screaming and howling..... I went: "Uh-oh!" and stuck it back in the box.

I took it back to HD with my complaint.....they didn't want to refund
the 98 Can$ (About 70 US$), they wanted to send it for repairs...because
I was 10 days 'overdue' of the 30-day allowable return period. I was
even willing to replace it with a small belt-sander from another make
and pay a little extra if I had to...but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

A Big deal? Not really, I guess, but unless I get some satisfaction, and
soon, the boycott is on and I will never set foot in that store again...
and I can be one stubborn Dutchman when I want to be.

They want to hang a business relationship on 98 dollars or a '10-day'
technicality...then so be it.

Rob
www.topworks.ca