doc44

Default Grizzly Summer sale and opinions on G0514 wanted

G0514
19" Heavy-Duty Bandsaw - 2 HP

sunjin

doc44 wrote:
G0514
19" Heavy-Duty Bandsaw - 2 HP

Happy with mine

doc44 wrote:
G0514
19" Heavy-Duty Bandsaw - 2 HP

I have one, it is my first bandsaw. I got $50 off 2 years ago($900?),
seems like they bumped the price up to over $1000! Set up easily,
included blade was okay for soft wood. Started with some timberwolf
blades and cut sections of logs (redwood, bay laurel, madrone and
spalted oak) as well as dimensional lumber. The 1 inch 3TPI
timberwolf worked great for a while then went to hell, I thought the
machine went out of alignmnent. Figured out it was just the blade
going dull, probably from cutting too much bark. Fence works well even
though it seems fairly light duty. Made an outfeed table so I have to
remove it if I want to tilt the table. Also made a tall (8")resaw
fence that clamps to the table and a self-guiding resaw fence (the kind
that has a vertical piece of wood and you just follow the line you draw
on the top of the wood. I run two 4 inch hoses to my 2HP griz dust
collector, works fine. Have a 1/2 inch woodslicer from Highland
hardware on there now. I am trying to be more careful by removing bark
as much as possible now, it works great and I think it has been on
there almost 6 months now! Can easily cut 1/16 inch thich slices on it
when the blade is new and it is aligned well. There is a new 3/4 inch
version I believe, will try it in the near future. Buy some extra
round inserts if you don't want to make them custom, I managed to
mangle mine and had to make a temporary one before getting some
replacements. At the time, seemed like the best value out there, I
wanted as much vertical and horizontal capacity as possible and 2HP
instead of 1.5HP.
jaime