Bill Davis Jr

Default Buying a Brad Nailer

I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

Can anyone recommend or have any opinions on either.

Thanks,

Bill

Leon

"Bill Davis Jr" wrote in message
I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

Can anyone recommend or have any opinions on either.

Thanks,

Bill

I cannot steer you either way for this particular style gun because I have
been using a Craftsman for 10 years and it has worked effortlessly.
Additionally it is OILLESS.
My finish nailer however is a Senco.
Senco invented the pneumatic nail gun. They only make nail guns IIRC. Nail
guns are their business. PC on the other hand is new to the game compared
to Senco. As cheap as most brad nailers are it seems that if you choose the
PC and it does not last you won't get hurt much. My money is on the Senco
for expensive guns however.

Patriarch

Bill Davis Jr wrote in
:

I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

Can anyone recommend or have any opinions on either.

I have the PC BN200A, as well as a couple of other PC nailers. They all
work. Just be careful where you put your off hand, when using the 2" 18 ga
brad. Something that long and slender can at times deflect, unpredictably,
when it hits something hard in the material.

Patriarch,
whose finger healed nicely...
Thomas Kendrick

I have the PC BN125A that is the smaller cousin to the BN200A.
It works just fine, but stops at 1-1/4" brads. If I need something
longer/heavier than that, I shift to a finish nailer or a narrow crown
stapler. I have the PC DA250A in 15 guage and can borrow a PC 16 guage
from a friend.

On Sun, 08 May 2005 20:09:43 -0400, Bill Davis Jr wrote:

I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

Can anyone recommend or have any opinions on either.

Thanks,

Bill

Salmo

Mine is P CAble (2 1/2 years)...No probs yet...does the job intended.

KP

Wayne Brissette

On Sun, 8 May 2005 19:09:43 -0500, Bill Davis Jr wrote
(in article ):

I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

The others I'll toss out here are the Grizzly 2911, MAX NF255-ST-18. Both are
excellent. The Grizzly is more of the no frills tool, the MAX is an
incredible nailer (of course you pay for it at checkout time).

Wayne

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 08 May 2005 20:09:43 -0400, the inscrutable Bill Davis Jr
spake:

I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

Can anyone recommend or have any opinions on either.

A third option might be a Harbor Freight brad nailer PLUS 60,000 brads
of all sizes. The total price would be about the same and most of us
have found the HF nailers to be well built. (On sale now for $20.)

* Blessed are those who can * Humorous T-shirts Online
* laugh at themselves, for they * Comprehensive Website Dev.
* shall never cease to be amused * http://www.diversify.com
JAMES M. PRENDERGAST

In article ,
Bill Davis Jr wrote:

I am trying to decide between two brad nailers. A Porter Cable BN200A
and a Senco FP25XP.

Can anyone recommend or have any opinions on either.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill, I have two Harbor Freight brad nailers - a 1.25 and a 2 incher.
Both have worked well with over 2 thousand plus brads set. The 1.25 has
a lunch pail type latch on the front to clear jams. Have had very few
misfires and they were cause by not keeping psi up 65-70 psi.

Sadly, I too have the HF brad nailers. I bought them when HF had them
on their sidewalk sale promotion, only a 100 to the store, and they
were $9.99.

"Can I bring them back if I don't like them?", I asked. "Yup", said
the clerk. As long as I have the receipt I am OK.

I didn't want them to work... not one bit. I have a fortune in
nailguns as I am a contractor. But I am also tired of paying high
prices for PC nailguns (Taiwan with Chinese parts) Senco, (same)
Hitachi (mixed bag) etc. The worst I have gotten is the DeWalt. The
best I have gotten are my Bostich. But I have found on the small brad
guns they all last about the same.

I tried them, and as much as I wanted to be vindicated for spending $90
(or more) for a brad gun, I can't. These guns are good. They shoot
fine, they are well designed, the are reliable, and easy to fix if you
blow a seal. HF sells the "box of O rings" every once in a while for
$5.

When they do finally break, throw it away and get another. Just the
driver on my Bostich brad nailer was $37 when it broke, and put in for
$65 bench fee. Since I buy my nails from the guys though, they put the
driver in free or the Bostich would be a part gun.

Buy that blue rascal and put the warranty on it (90 days comes with it)
for a year straight replacement and you will be at something like $24
buck plus tax.

Robert

Swingman

wrote in message

Sadly, I too have the HF brad nailers.

Ditto ... and if you put one side by side with the PC, the similarity in
parts/design is amazing. My current trim contractor, who uses PC, used one
of my HF brad nailers at the shop the other day and went right out and
bought two.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/06/05

Bill Davis Jr

Thanks for the replys all.

Bill
Mike Iglesias

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:
A third option might be a Harbor Freight brad nailer PLUS 60,000 brads
of all sizes. The total price would be about the same and most of us
have found the HF nailers to be well built. (On sale now for $20.)

I have one of the HF brad nailers, no problems so far, other than the
only brads that fit are the HF brads. So if you run out you need to
go to a HF store or order more.

--
Mike Iglesias Email:
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
Lawrence Wasserman

In article ,
John Thomas wrote:
(Mike Iglesias) wrote in news:d6b2tg$o9n$1
:

I have one of the HF brad nailers, no problems so far, other than the
only brads that fit are the HF brads. So if you run out you need to
go to a HF store or order more.

That's really odd. I've used at least PC brand brads, along with HF in
mine. Can't recall if I've used another brand or not -- got the PC's at the
local BORG.

Regards,
JT

And I've used Arrow brand in the 1 inch size in mine.

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

Mike Iglesias

In article ,
John Thomas wrote:
That's really odd. I've used at least PC brand brads, along with HF in
mine. Can't recall if I've used another brand or not -- got the PC's at the
local BORG.

The PC ones I bought (don't remember the size) would not fit in the
nail tray on my HF brad nailer. What size worked for you?