DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A funny student story about glue (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/104757-funny-student-story-about-glue.html)

John Moorhead April 30th 05 05:45 AM

A funny student story about glue

Folks -

Okay, a short one.... Got a gal in one of the Friday classes, has had WS
before and has the basics... Anyway, she is building a segmented round
mirror frame. I told her we would assemble it with hide glue.... She wanted
to know what THAT was, and I told her that it was the only glue available
for WW until modern adheisives came along.... She wanted to know why it was
called hide glue, and I told her... She wrinkled her nose and had a small
hissy about "those poor rabbits" and that it was WRONG to do that. I
countered, by asking her if she had ever eaten a burger.... she said that
"that didn't count" and that hide glue was "mean".... So, I back-tracked
and told her, half in jest, that we were actually using the "vegitarian"
formula, and that the original ingredients included lettuce and carrots.
She took it hook, line and sinker.... So now it's "carrot glue"

Sheesh....

John

Fly-by-Night CC April 30th 05 06:41 AM

In article ,
"John Moorhead" wrote:

She wanted to know why it was
called hide glue, and I told her... She wrinkled her nose and had a small
hissy about "those poor rabbits"

Is it rabbits? I've always thought it was of livestock origins - like
cows and in the past, horses - as in sending the old gray mare to the
glue factory...
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05

Fly-by-Night CC April 30th 05 06:55 AM

In article ,
"John Moorhead" wrote:

She wrinkled her nose and had a small
hissy about "those poor rabbits

Sorry for the second reply but thought of something else...

In the last year or two my wife and I have been trying to gently ease
our now 6 year old into knowing the true origins of the animal products
we eat and wear. Her favorite stuffed animal is a cow. This cow has been
with us since the day she was born and to this day is much loved and
protected by all in the family - but especially our daughter. We love
animals and stop along the roadside to pet horses and talk to the cows,
we frequent petting zoos, have a couple dogs, read about animals, wake
her up to hear the owl in the summer and generally instill in her how
important it is to be respectful, kind and not harm animals, etc.

We thought it might be a problem explaining where hamburgers, roasts and
other beefy goodness comes from... nope - she doesn't seem to care one
bit as she pours more ketchup on her burger. She's even gotten to asking
us what part of the animal we're eating at any given meal - like what
animal gives us bacon and what part of the pig is it? She didn't seem
fazed at all that some people of the world eat dogs and rabbits or that
some won't even consider eating cows. On the flip side she still firmly
believes in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy...

Andy Dingley April 30th 05 12:16 PM

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:41:59 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC
wrote:

Is it rabbits?

It may be, but not usually for woodworking.

Woodworking hide glue is hides from cows, maybe horses. Hooves and bone
take too much cooking, so they go for fertiliser instead.

Rabbit skin glue is more flexible than other hide glues. It's mainly
used for bookbinding, and similar trades.

George April 30th 05 12:32 PM

"Fly-by-Night CC" wrote in message
In article ,
"John Moorhead" wrote:

She wanted to know why it was
called hide glue, and I told her... She wrinkled her nose and had a

small
hissy about "those poor rabbits"

Is it rabbits? I've always thought it was of livestock origins - like
cows and in the past, horses - as in sending the old gray mare to the
glue factory...

Collagen. Source variable. More cow parts available most places since the
advent of the horseless carriage.

Prometheus April 30th 05 01:51 PM

We thought it might be a problem explaining where hamburgers, roasts and
other beefy goodness comes from... nope - she doesn't seem to care one
bit as she pours more ketchup on her burger. She's even gotten to asking
us what part of the animal we're eating at any given meal - like what
animal gives us bacon and what part of the pig is it? She didn't seem
fazed at all that some people of the world eat dogs and rabbits or that
some won't even consider eating cows. On the flip side she still firmly
believes in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy...

Sounds like a well-adjusted young lady. My wife has become a
vegetarian over the past couple of years, and now she tries grossing
me out about eating meat. Doesn't work though- she tried telling me
that I should never eat McDonald's because the hamburger is allowed to
have a certain percentage of cow eyeballs in it. Well, that may or
may not be true- but just to show it doesn't work, I make a point of
always saying "Mmmmm... eyeballs" right before biting into any burger
these days. :)

Nothing wrong with being kind to animals, and using them when their
time is up. That's what we raise them for.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Doc April 30th 05 01:55 PM

Fly-by-Night CC wrote in news:onlnlowe-
:

On the flip side she still firmly
believes in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy...

Um, what about Santa Claus? Are you trying to imply something here?

Bill Waller April 30th 05 02:49 PM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 07:55:40 -0500, Doc wrote:

Fly-by-Night CC wrote in news:onlnlowe-
:

On the flip side she still firmly
believes in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy...

Um, what about Santa Claus? Are you trying to imply something here?

Isn't Santa Claus the guy who delivers my power tools? Isn't the Easter Bunny
the guy who delivers my hand tools? And, I do have to speak to that Tooth Fairy
fella about some saw blades that need to be sharpened.

____________________
Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA

Sweet Sawdust April 30th 05 02:56 PM

"Doc" wrote in message
Fly-by-Night CC wrote in news:onlnlowe-
:

On the flip side she still firmly
believes in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy...

Um, what about Santa Claus? Are you trying to imply something here?

No Joke and I am not kidding about this, I have made and shipped toys to
"Santa's Workshop, at Northpole, AK, I even receive checks and cashed them
for the toys.

Kiwanda April 30th 05 03:31 PM

"John Moorhead" wrote:

She wrinkled her nose and had a small
hissy about "those poor rabbits

Sorry for the second reply but thought of something else...

In the last year or two my wife and I have been trying to gently

ease
our now 6 year old into knowing the true origins of the animal

products
we eat and wear.

We're in a similar position with our 4 yr old, but since we eat a lot
of wild game/fish the connections are even more fun. In recent weeks
we've had salmon, deer, elk, bison, duck, walleye, caribou and
probably a few others on the table, along with a bit of pork and
chicken. She knows where eat one comes from, and desite the zoo full
of stuffed animals upstairs she seems OK about eating meat. She's
also pretty interested in knowing which animals eat one another, i.e.
who are the carnivores in her menagarie.

Must be a common thing in some families, but I do know others who've
had kids freak out about meat around age 7-10 when they first make
the connections between chickens and McNuggets.

-Kiwanda

Lee DeRaud April 30th 05 04:28 PM

"John Moorhead" wrote:

She wanted to know why it was
called hide glue, and I told her... She wrinkled her nose and had a

small
hissy about "those poor rabbits"

Is it rabbits? I've always thought it was of livestock origins - like
cows and in the past, horses - as in sending the old gray mare to the
glue factory...

Collagen. Source variable. More cow parts available most places since the
advent of the horseless carriage.

Yeah, all the people that used to ride cows are driving cars now.

Lee

Lee Michaels April 30th 05 05:31 PM

"Prometheus" wrote in message

[...]

Who was the comedian who said, "If God did not want us to eat animals, he
wouldn't have made them out of meat".

lgb April 30th 05 05:32 PM

In article ,
says...
Doesn't work though- she tried telling me
that I should never eat McDonald's because the hamburger is allowed to
have a certain percentage of cow eyeballs in it. Well, that may or
may not be true- but just to show it doesn't work, I make a point of
always saying "Mmmmm... eyeballs" right before biting into any burger
these days. :)

It always grosses out my wife when I fry trout with the head attached so
I can eat the eyeballs - I think they're good :-).

She's also not overly fond of my habit of eaing the marrow in those
little rings of bone :-).

[email protected] April 30th 05 07:02 PM

lgb wrote:
In article ,
says...
Doesn't work though- she tried telling me
that I should never eat McDonald's because the hamburger is allowed

have a certain percentage of cow eyeballs in it. Well, that may or
may not be true- but just to show it doesn't work, I make a point

of
always saying "Mmmmm... eyeballs" right before biting into any

burger
these days. :)

It always grosses out my wife when I fry trout with the head attached

so
I can eat the eyeballs - I think they're good :-).

She's also not overly fond of my habit of eaing the marrow in those
little rings of bone :-).

You eat the eyballs out of trout?! Now, that's just disgusting. The
purpose of frying/grilling the trout with the head on is to eat the
tiny cheeks where there's a pocket of meat....not the eyes. Signed,
raised on a trout farm where supper was so fresh it jumped out of the
skillet.

Salmo April 30th 05 07:31 PM

So...Does Crazy Glue come from Mad Cows :O)

Keith P

Edwin Pawlowski April 30th 05 08:23 PM

wrote in message

You eat the eyballs out of trout?! Now, that's just disgusting.

S O P in some countries. We have some people at work from Pacific rim
countries. They tend to eat a lot of parts that we would dispose of. Some
of their food smells outstanding, others force me to fresh air.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

J. Clarke April 30th 05 09:00 PM

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

wrote in message

You eat the eyballs out of trout?! Now, that's just disgusting.

S O P in some countries. We have some people at work from Pacific rim
countries. They tend to eat a lot of parts that we would dispose of.
Some of their food smells outstanding, others force me to fresh air.

It's my understanding that sheep's eyes are a delicacy in the Middle East.
I'm sure that there is a lesson there somewhere, but dang if I know what.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Philip Hallstrom April 30th 05 10:19 PM

On 2005-04-30, Prometheus wrote:

Sounds like a well-adjusted young lady. My wife has become a
vegetarian over the past couple of years, and now she tries grossing
me out about eating meat. Doesn't work though- she tried telling me
that I should never eat McDonald's because the hamburger is allowed to
have a certain percentage of cow eyeballs in it. Well, that may or
may not be true- but just to show it doesn't work, I make a point of
always saying "Mmmmm... eyeballs" right before biting into any burger
these days. :)

Nothing wrong with being kind to animals, and using them when their
time is up. That's what we raise them for.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Seen on bash.org...

green We vegetarians love the environment. carnivores are sick freaks.
Frank How can vegetarians possibly love the environment.. you keep
eating all the f*cking plants

:-)

Robert Bonomi April 30th 05 11:10 PM

"John Moorhead" wrote:

She wanted to know why it was
called hide glue, and I told her... She wrinkled her nose and had a

small
hissy about "those poor rabbits"

Is it rabbits? I've always thought it was of livestock origins - like
cows and in the past, horses - as in sending the old gray mare to the
glue factory...

Collagen. Source variable. More cow parts available most places since the
advent of the horseless carriage.

Yeah, all the people that used to ride cows are driving cars now.

And that's "no bull"!

[email protected] May 1st 05 12:06 AM

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message

You eat the eyballs out of trout?! Now, that's just disgusting.

S O P in some countries. We have some people at work from Pacific

rim
countries. They tend to eat a lot of parts that we would dispose of.

Some
of their food smells outstanding, others force me to fresh air.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Hi Ed, I do know that and understand. I personally just can't imagine
it. To kind of twist what you're talking about...people here don't
always know what they're eating.... Factory farm raised meat, bologna,
pepperoni, chicken nuggets, etc....I'm very fortunate to have enough
connections to buy all farm raised meat that's organic and raised on
pasture. I get fish (since my parents sold out years ago) from my
brother that comes out of Northern MN, and vegetables from the Amish
since our pet pig gets our garden once it's ready every year.

Patriarch May 1st 05 01:32 AM

Kiwanda wrote in news:Xns9648618DDB20kiwandanospamne@
64.85.239.19:

Must be a common thing in some families, but I do know others who've
had kids freak out about meat around age 7-10 when they first make
the connections between chickens and McNuggets.

Uhh, I'm not all that certain there IS a connection between chickens and
McNuggets... ;-)

Patriarch

Larry Jaques May 1st 05 01:32 AM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:31:07 -0400, the inscrutable "Lee Michaels"
spake:

"Prometheus" wrote in message
.. .

Sounds like a well-adjusted young lady. My wife has become a
vegetarian over the past couple of years, and now she tries grossing
me out about eating meat. Doesn't work though- she tried telling me
that I should never eat McDonald's because the hamburger is allowed to
have a certain percentage of cow eyeballs in it. Well, that may or
may not be true- but just to show it doesn't work, I make a point of
always saying "Mmmmm... eyeballs" right before biting into any burger
these days. :)

Who was the comedian who said, "If God did not want us to eat animals, he
wouldn't have made them out of meat".

One of the funniest skits I've seen and heard was George Wallace
(Yeah, the black comedian, not the Georgia racict.) on feeding the
homeless. He wanted to give out loaves of bread to the homeless in
the parks and have them catch pigeons and make sandwiches, killing
two birds (so to speak) with one stone. I couldn't Google a link for
it or I would have posted it. His version was a LOT funnier.

--== May The Angst Be With You! ==--
-Yoda, on a bad day
--
http://diversify.com Ending Your Web Page Angst.

Dave in Fairfax May 1st 05 01:41 AM

wrote:
You eat the eyballs out of trout?! Now, that's just disgusting. The
purpose of frying/grilling the trout with the head on is to eat the
tiny cheeks where there's a pocket of meat....not the eyes. Signed,
raised on a trout farm where supper was so fresh it jumped out of the
skillet.

Finally! Someone else who realizes that the fish cheeks are the
sweetest part. Small, but worth the effort. Nothing wrong with
eyes, they're good on rice. As for the rest, it sounds like what
we used to call 4-H fever. The kids would raise the animal, show
it at the fair, and be scarred for years when it showed up on a
plate.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Han May 1st 05 01:42 AM

Kiwanda wrote in news:Xns9648618DDB20kiwandanospamne@
64.85.239.19:

We're in a similar position with our 4 yr old, but since we eat a lot
of wild game/fish the connections are even more fun. In recent weeks
we've had salmon, deer, elk, bison, duck, walleye, caribou and
probably a few others on the table, along with a bit of pork and
chicken. She knows where eat one comes from, and desite the zoo full
of stuffed animals upstairs she seems OK about eating meat. She's
also pretty interested in knowing which animals eat one another, i.e.
who are the carnivores in her menagarie.

Our 9 year-old granddaughter jokes with all of us, and the 5 year-old
doesn't blink an eye, whentalk about the yummy Bambi she just had, and the
great Wilbur last night, and the Thumper with lunch. Of course, the food
at Mohonk (www.mohonk.com) *is* great, especially when eaten in that great
diningroom (sorry no picture of the wood, but pictures of the outside are
about to be posted in abpw under Mohonk.)

--
Best regards
Han

Doug Miller May 1st 05 02:23 AM

In article , "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

wrote in message

You eat the eyballs out of trout?! Now, that's just disgusting.

S O P in some countries. We have some people at work from Pacific rim
countries. They tend to eat a lot of parts that we would dispose of. Some
of their food smells outstanding, others force me to fresh air.

Back in college, I used to work with another college kid, a girl who came from
Vietnam with her parents in about '73. She would always bring her lunch from
home instead of going out to Pizza Hut or whatever with the rest of us. One
day...
(me) sniff, sniff Hey, Tran, that smells pretty good, what is it?
(she) something-or-other Vietnamese name, want to try some?
(me) Sure. munch, munch Hmm.. pretty good. What is that?
(she) Oh, that is the stomach of the pig!

If she had told me what it was first - in English - I never would have eaten
it. But it was good.

--
Regards,

Larry Jaques May 1st 05 03:08 AM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:32:38 -0500, the inscrutable Patriarch
spake:

Kiwanda wrote in news:Xns9648618DDB20kiwandanospamne@
64.85.239.19:

Must be a common thing in some families, but I do know others who've
had kids freak out about meat around age 7-10 when they first make
the connections between chickens and McNuggets.

Uhh, I'm not all that certain there IS a connection between chickens and
McNuggets... ;-)

I've always referred to them as Chicken McDogNuts.
YMMV

"Let's sing praise to Aphrodite || www.diversify.com
She may seem a little flighty, || Full Service Websites
but she wears a green gauze nighty, || PHP Applications
And she's good enough for me." || SQL Database Development

Tim Douglass May 1st 05 05:03 AM

wrote in message

[...]

I know what you mean. I used to frequent a little Vietnamese
restaurant in Seattle many years back. I have no idea what I ate
there, but it was cheap and good, which was all I cared about.

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

Tim Douglass May 1st 05 05:05 AM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:32:38 -0500, Patriarch
wrote:

Kiwanda wrote in news:Xns9648618DDB20kiwandanospamne@
64.85.239.19:

Must be a common thing in some families, but I do know others who've
had kids freak out about meat around age 7-10 when they first make
the connections between chickens and McNuggets.

Uhh, I'm not all that certain there IS a connection between chickens and
McNuggets... ;-)

"Can you think of any part of a chicken that you could possibly call a
'nugget' that you would want to put in your mouth?" - Guy Kolling -
1979

Edwin Pawlowski May 1st 05 06:07 AM

"Tim Douglass" wrote in message
"Can you think of any part of a chicken that you could possibly call a
'nugget' that you would want to put in your mouth?" - Guy Kolling -
1979

Guess you've never had turkey fries then.

Fly-by-Night CC May 1st 05 08:21 AM

In article ,
Dave in Fairfax wrote:

Finally! Someone else who realizes that the fish cheeks are the
sweetest part. Small, but worth the effort.

Up an'out here, Pacific NW, we have Salmon cheeks that are quite tasty -
especially smoked. I'd think trout cheeks would be pretty damn small.

Fly-by-Night CC May 1st 05 08:33 AM

In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

Back in college, I used to work with another college kid, a girl who came
from
Vietnam with her parents in about '73. She would always bring her lunch from
home instead of going out to Pizza Hut or whatever with the rest of us. One
day...
(me) sniff, sniff Hey, Tran, that smells pretty good, what is it?
(she) something-or-other Vietnamese name, want to try some?
(me) Sure. munch, munch Hmm.. pretty good. What is that?
(she) Oh, that is the stomach of the pig!

If she had told me what it was first - in English - I never would have eaten
it. But it was good.

When I lived in central Pennsylvania decades ago my ex's farm family
would make "hogmaw" sort of a corned beef hash looking conglomeration
cooked in a pig stomach - always reminded me of a giant lima bean and
quite tasty. They also ate "souse," "scrapple," "head cheese," and
"blood sausage" - very little of the animal was discarded.

Check out the background pic:
http://www.trygve.com/headcheese.html

Prometheus May 1st 05 11:27 AM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:54:34 -0400, "David D" crumbl @ gmail.com
wrote:

"Prometheus" wrote in message
.. .
she tried telling me
that I should never eat McDonald's because the hamburger is allowed to
have a certain percentage of cow eyeballs in it.

Not eating McD's ... that's just good taste. :) Having my food stare back
at me ... not an issue.

Well, I keep it to a minimum, but when you're running late and they've
got a 60-second drive-through guarantee, it's sometimes hard to pass
up. :)

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Prometheus May 1st 05 11:34 AM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:32:24 -0700, lgb wrote:

In article ,
says...
Doesn't work though- she tried telling me
that I should never eat McDonald's because the hamburger is allowed to
have a certain percentage of cow eyeballs in it. Well, that may or
may not be true- but just to show it doesn't work, I make a point of
always saying "Mmmmm... eyeballs" right before biting into any burger
these days. :)

It always grosses out my wife when I fry trout with the head attached so
I can eat the eyeballs - I think they're good :-).

She's also not overly fond of my habit of eaing the marrow in those
little rings of bone :-).

Good stuff, there. For my wife, the absolute horror when it comes to
things I'd *kill* to eat is sushi- especially the raw flying fish roe,
and spider rolls made with an entire crab. She just doesn't know good
food when it's looking right at her... The look on her face when I
take a bite of the end of a spider roll is just priceless (for those
of you who don't get into sushi, the ends of that particular roll have
the crab legs, complete with tiny pinchers, sticking out of them. Not
the most appealing thing to stare at, but ohhhhhh are they good.)

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Prometheus May 1st 05 11:42 AM

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 22:35:56 GMT, Ba r r y
wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 07:51:47 -0500, Prometheus
wrote:

Sounds like a well-adjusted young lady. My wife has become a
vegetarian over the past couple of years, and now she tries grossing
me out about eating meat.

All you'd have to do is read "Fast Food Nation", and she'd win. G

Nope. I've got a hard and fast rule. If it tastes good and hasn't
made me sick, I don't really care how it was made. I'm sure some
worthless punk has spit in one dish or another I've eaten at some
time, but since I can't tell, I'm not going to worry about it much.

FWIW, I haven't read "Fast Food Nation", but I have read "The Jungle",
and if anything could put a guy off his feed- that'd be it.

I still eat plenty of meat, but only where I know the source. Fast
food scares me for all kinds of reasons, one of which is the local
handling of the food. I worked in those places in high school, and
Horatio Sans in "Road Trip" had nothing on some of my coworkers!

There are only two fast food places that I'll eat. One is the
McDonald's I worked at for a short time in high school, where the
manager (who is still there) ran the cleanest restaurant I ever saw,
and ruled the kids with an iron grip- and the other is the local
Hardee's, which is staffed entirely by cute young girls. Nothing
quite like having a pretty little thing hand you a 3/4lb burger...
makes up for any uncertainty about the cleanliness of the preparation.

The French toast scene in "Road Trip" is worth enduring the movie.

Barry

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Han May 1st 05 12:04 PM

Prometheus wrote in
:

Nope. I've got a hard and fast rule. If it tastes good and hasn't
made me sick, I don't really care how it was made.

I used to have the same opinion. However, the British experience with big-
business farming - the re-use of nervous tissue from diseased animals in
the feed of healthy animals - has resulted in mad cow disease in people.
The idea of some idiot contaminating feed similarly here is scary,
especially since the incubation time of variant Jacob-Creutzfeld disease is
years, not hours as in "regular" food poisoning. Elk-wasting disease in
more and more deer is equally scary.

Nevertheless, Bambi tasted very well recently at Mohonk ...

--
Best regards
Han

Glen May 1st 05 12:35 PM

Robert Bonomi wrote:

"John Moorhead" wrote:

She wanted to know why it was
called hide glue, and I told her... She wrinkled her nose and had a

small

hissy about "those poor rabbits"

Is it rabbits? I've always thought it was of livestock origins - like
cows and in the past, horses - as in sending the old gray mare to the
glue factory...

Collagen. Source variable. More cow parts available most places since the
advent of the horseless carriage.

Yeah, all the people that used to ride cows are driving cars now.

And that's "no bull"!

I don't know, he may be giving us a bum steer.

Glen

George May 1st 05 01:02 PM

"Han" wrote in message
Prometheus wrote in
:

Nope. I've got a hard and fast rule. If it tastes good and hasn't
made me sick, I don't really care how it was made.

I used to have the same opinion. However, the British experience with

big-
business farming - the re-use of nervous tissue from diseased animals in
the feed of healthy animals - has resulted in mad cow disease in people.
The idea of some idiot contaminating feed similarly here is scary,
especially since the incubation time of variant Jacob-Creutzfeld disease

is
years, not hours as in "regular" food poisoning. Elk-wasting disease in
more and more deer is equally scary.

Nevertheless, Bambi tasted very well recently at Mohonk ...

BSE, CWD, Kuru, etc. , all seem to involve the same protein mis-fold noted
in Alzheimer's, according to one published piece of research.

Larry Jaques May 1st 05 02:08 PM

On Sun, 01 May 2005 05:27:39 -0500, the inscrutable Prometheus
spake:

wrote:

"Prometheus" wrote in message
. ..
she tried telling me
that I should never eat McDonald's because the hamburger is allowed to
have a certain percentage of cow eyeballs in it.

Not eating McD's ... that's just good taste. :) Having my food stare back
at me ... not an issue.

Well, I keep it to a minimum, but when you're running late and they've
got a 60-second drive-through guarantee, it's sometimes hard to pass
up. :)

Whoa, doubletake there. I could have sworn I read "60-second
drive-through quarantine" on the first read-through and was
impressed that they went that far. I should have known.

The only fast-food restaurant I occasionally partake of is Carl's Jr.,
and then it's only their fried zucchini, _made_fresh_while_I_wait_!

WillR May 1st 05 02:40 PM

Larry Jaques wrote:

"Let's sing praise to Aphrodite || www.diversify.com
She may seem a little flighty, || Full Service Websites
but she wears a green gauze nighty, || PHP Applications
And she's good enough for me." || SQL Database Development

Only for American viewers

For the rest of the world she's nakkit...

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

Larry Jaques May 1st 05 03:05 PM

On Sun, 01 May 2005 09:40:09 -0400, the inscrutable WillR
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote:

"Let's sing praise to Aphrodite || www.diversify.com
She may seem a little flighty, || Full Service Websites
but she wears a green gauze nighty, || PHP Applications
And she's good enough for me." || SQL Database Development

Only for American viewers

For the rest of the world she's nakkit...

Yeah, it's OK here to show beheadings and disembowelment, but you'll
go to jail and be heavily fined if you show a simple titty on TV or
at the movies. Crikey, American logic evades me. War and blood are
good but love and affection are bad?

--
STOP THE SLAUGHTER! || http://diversify.com
Boycott Baby Oil! || Programmed Websites