Brian Elfert

Default Unisaw vibration: Replace the belts?

I have a 1999 Delta Unisaw that I finally powered last night.

It has a little more vibration that I would like. I doubt it would pass
the nickel test.

Should I replace the belts since they probably have taken a set over years
of not being used?

Brian Elfert

Duane Bozarth

Brian Elfert wrote:

I have a 1999 Delta Unisaw that I finally powered last night.

It has a little more vibration that I would like. I doubt it would pass
the nickel test.

Should I replace the belts since they probably have taken a set over years
of not being used?

It it has really been years of sitting tensioned, they may be pretty
stiff and changing them out will probably help. Be sure to replace w/
matched set.

If they seem in good shape, I'd try just letting it run (take
blade/loose arbor flange off) for a while to let them really warm up and
see if that helps.
Ken

There are three belts, try off setting the belts from their original
position , if this helps OK, if no change or the vibration gets worse,
replace if it doesn't work out by running for a while.

Ken