Mickey

Default Delta's new 10" Band saw

I have got something to ask someone about Delta's new
10" Band saw(#BS150LS).
The web of Delta says the maximum blade width can be mounted
is 1/2", on the other hand the manual of BS150LS says the maximum
blade width is 3/8". Which is correct?

Thanks in advance,

Mickey

Tattooed and Dusty

I don't know which they claim. In my experience mounting a half inch
blade on such a small saw would prove difficult. With the larger blades
getting and keeping tension on the blade is a concern, as there is
usually some amount of flex in the frame of the saw. I have a 14"
Grizzly bandsaw and find it has a hardtime handling the 1/2" blade
properly.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Andrew

Prometheus

On 21 Apr 2005 17:41:33 -0700, "Mickey" wrote:

I have got something to ask someone about Delta's new
10" Band saw(#BS150LS).
The web of Delta says the maximum blade width can be mounted
is 1/2", on the other hand the manual of BS150LS says the maximum
blade width is 3/8". Which is correct?

I've got a 3/8" blade in my delta 9" bandsaw, and that's as big as it
will reasonably accept. I don't know how much bigger the 10" model
is, but I would imagine a 1/2" would be really pushing it.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Hax Planx

Mickey says...

I have got something to ask someone about Delta's new
10" Band saw(#BS150LS).
The web of Delta says the maximum blade width can be mounted
is 1/2", on the other hand the manual of BS150LS says the maximum
blade width is 3/8". Which is correct?

Thanks in advance,

Mickey

Does the tensioner have a scale? If it goes up to (or preferably
beyond) 1/2", that would be a clue. Did you check the Delta web site?
Joe Woody Woodpecker

I have used all sizes of blades in my Delta 36-295 BS. I prefer a 1/4"
or a 3/16" low tension with a Cater guide bearing.

--
Woody

Check out my Web Page at:

http://community-1.webtv.net/Woodwor...workerJoesInfo

Where you will find:

******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03

* * * Build a $20 DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03
* * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03
* * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03
* * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03
* * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03
* * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03
* * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03
* * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03