Francis Lock

Default Dust Extractor- delay switch

Saw a project a few years ago in an American WW mag about making a dust
extraction system using a proprietary switch unit which switched on the
extractor when the dust making tool was turned on- like the better portable
extractor units. Where can I get one of these switch units- the article had
a supplier and ref no but of course cannot find the article or any trace of
a supplier on the www. Any ideas? (am in the UK but expect can get if it is
a US unit)

They're expensive, they're a pain to wire up and US units won't work in
the UK. Many of them will also break if you run a cabinet saw's motor
through them - check the rating and that it's designed for woodworking
use, not just computers.

A simple and cheap fix is to use a remote controlled (radio) socket.
I've had these for as little as =A315 for three sockets. Remote control
isn't quite so convenient as automatic control, but it's a lot better
than manual control at the DC.

Joe Woody Woodpecker

I use a Sears remote awitch with a relay box as described below.

--
Woody

Check out my Web Page at:

http://community-1.webtv.net/Woodwor...workerJoesInfo

Where you will find:

******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03

* * * Build a $20 DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03
* * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03
* * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03
* * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03
* * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03
* * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03
* * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03
* * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03