DaveH

Default HD/Ridgid Hat Trick Promotion

So, did anyone take part in the Hat Trick promotion that ran through
Dec/Jan and get a result? Both myself and a friend purchased $1000
worth of tools and are still waiting for our HD gift cards even though
we are now past the 8-10 week deadline.
sadler

On 16 Apr 2005 03:39:41 -0700, (DaveH) wrote:

So, did anyone take part in the Hat Trick promotion that ran through
Dec/Jan and get a result? Both myself and a friend purchased $1000
worth of tools and are still waiting for our HD gift cards even though
we are now past the 8-10 week deadline.

I did not take part in that promo, but I did take part in the November
"but up to $200 in hand tools and get up to an $80.00 gift card.

I called every month after the initial 8 weeks and was given different
excuses for the delay, even though I was told my rebate info submitted
was fine. After 22 weeks of waiting, I received a form letter that
stated my submission was incorrect and I wasn't entitled to a rebate.

I wrote nasty letters to Bob Nardelli, CEO of Home Depot and finally
after 24 weeks received the card. It seems that the third party
company fulfilling the promo were totally incompetent.

The waste of my time tracking and ultimately getting the gift card
wasn't worth the $80.00 I am so disappointed in HD that I no longer
spend my typical $1000/month for my contracting business there.

I was very good about keeping copies of the submission forms, receipts
and notes on each phone call. How many other people just forgot about
it, or accepted the denial. I was ready to submit it to my state
attorney general.

However, I do receive lots of junk e-mail from them now. I guess the
real reason for the promo was to increase their e-mail list.

I can only suggest that HD gift card promos should be entered at your
own risk. If they want to deduct or give a premium at time of
purchase I'd consider it, but promos are not worth the time.

I'm sorry if it's more than you want to know, but I'm still trying to
work through it. It was almost as painful as my divorce.

Alan
USENET READER

sadler wrote:

[...]

All these offers for rebates and gift cards - whether from Home Depot or
Best Buys or Comp USA are all crap! The companies know that you decide
to buy the product based on the final price with all the rebates, and
they think that you don't care about the fact that you will have to wait
weeks if not forever to get the rebate back.

I shop based on the lowest pricae avaiable, factoring in teh shipping
cost, and don't even bother with rebates. It's a discount that you
might never actually get! Too bad no one worries about consumer
protection anymore to investigate these rabate scams.

Alan

Edwin Pawlowski

"USENET READER" wrote in message
All these offers for rebates and gift cards - whether from Home Depot or
Best Buys or Comp USA are all crap! The companies know that you decide to
buy the product based on the final price with all the rebates, and they
think that you don't care about the fact that you will have to wait weeks
if not forever to get the rebate back.

I bought a new monitor from Staples and it had a $90 rebate. You can apply
on line and I had the check in about a week. I don't know if this was an
exception or if NEC is the only one that has it together.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Patriarch

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"USENET READER" wrote in message
All these offers for rebates and gift cards - whether from Home Depot
or Best Buys or Comp USA are all crap! The companies know that you
decide to buy the product based on the final price with all the
rebates, and they think that you don't care about the fact that you
will have to wait weeks if not forever to get the rebate back.

I bought a new monitor from Staples and it had a $90 rebate. You can
apply on line and I had the check in about a week. I don't know if
this was an exception or if NEC is the only one that has it together.

I bought a set of tires for the S-10 Blazer, and there was supposed to be a
$50 reabte on them. The store mgr, with whom I seem to do an unreasonable
amount of business, even filled out the paperwork for me, which I dropped
in the mail. Bridgestone turned down the rebate request.

The mgr made it up to me on the next set of tires, for the VW.

The percentage of folks not claiming rebates is called 'breakage', and is
one part of the assumptions which go into running a promotion.

Patriarch

Big Bob Murphy

DaveH wrote:
So, did anyone take part in the Hat Trick promotion that ran through
Dec/Jan and get a result? Both myself and a friend purchased $1000
worth of tools and are still waiting for our HD gift cards even

though
we are now past the 8-10 week deadline.

I can top that. I mailed in my entry for the Hat Trick promo in late
January. Since I'd yet to receive an answer from Ridgid early May, I
wrote them a first email (no reply), and then a second, both through
the customer service portal of their website. I received a reply from a
Tom C, customer service rep, telling me that he "wasn't aware of a
single recent Home Depot promotional that offered all three items that
(I'd) mentioned".

But Tom C gave me a phone number where I left two messages to a Mrs.
Jones, she's the one tracking the Hat Trick promo at Ridgid. Three days
later I finally reached someone (Jessica) who informed me that they
were really backed up on the promo, but after a thirteen minute search
she informed me that they couldn't find my entry. And what was I to do?
She suggested that I simply forget about it since they'd probably never
received my entry.

What I have in my possession is a copy of my Home Depot bill of sale,
the receipt from the post office from where I mailed the entry, and a
printout of Ridgid's clueless customer service rep. And my local
(Montreal, Canada) Ridgid sales rep is telling me that whatever Ridgid
decides is final.

Now this is a problem. Anyone else?